Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Yaris Verso cruise control experiences ... ?

evalon

Hi all, 

I have a Yaris Verso from 1999 which is still quite fine - and which in many ways fulfill my needs for a car.

One thing I'd like differently though is to have a cruise control ("constant speed management"). However, I don't know what the general experience is with retrofitting such a cruise control. I.e.: Are there any issues? Is it relatively straightforward to do? Does the cruise control work "harmoniously", i.e. does it regulate the speed and engine power "pleasantly/harmoniously", etc. ... 

By posting here I hope to get feedback from other Yaris Verso owners who may have experience with the Yaris Verso cruise control in general - and also retrofitting it to the Yaris Verso. 

Thanks for any inputs :wink:

Jesper 

P.S.: Forgot this question ... There's a 1.3 and a 1.5 liter petrol engine for the yaris verso. Anyone of you know if the gear box exchange is different in the two motor types? That is, if the 1.5 liter engine has a (significantly) lower rpm in the 5th gear?

Hi again, 

Well just bumping the thread - hoping someone knows about cruise control etc. ...

Cheers,

Jesper 

Well, I think I have found out about the cruise control so no need to reply to that part of my question ... However, if someone here knows if the gearing in the 1.5l version (or the diesel version) is different from the 1.3 liter version I would appreciate hearing about it.

Cheers,

Jesper

33 minutes ago, evalon said:

Well, I think I have found out about the cruise control so no need to reply to that part of my question ... However, if someone here knows if the gearing in the 1.5l version (or the diesel version) is different from the 1.3 liter version I would appreciate hearing about it.

Cheers,

Jesper

From experience, i doubt there is any difference in gearing as the engines are close in volume. 

Petrol engines just dont have the torque of a diesel, thus the high rpm's.

Diesel version should have better gearing as it's peak power is in the lower rpm range, however, mounting points could be different and you would just get worse mpg and performance out of it.

On 10/10/2019 at 8:22 PM, furtula said:

Diesel version should have better gearing as it's peak power is in the lower rpm range, however, mounting points could be different and you would just get worse mpg and performance out of it.

Hi furtula - & thanks for your feedback. I reckon you would be right about the 1.3 & 1.5 liter petrol engines - good to know. 

About the diesel engine I am a bit unsure, however, what you mean by the "worse mpg and performance" ... ? By looking at the specs for the diesel version it should have an average fuel consumption of 20.4 km/l (48 mpg) which I would consider to be quite good. But you mention the "mounting points" - I am not sure I know what you mean by that ... normally I would consider it to be the "points" where the engine is mounted in the car frame but I assume this is not the case ... ? :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Jesper 

5 hours ago, evalon said:

Hi furtula - & thanks for your feedback. I reckon you would be right about the 1.3 & 1.5 liter petrol engines - good to know. 

About the diesel engine I am a bit unsure, however, what you mean by the "worse mpg and performance" ... ? By looking at the specs for the diesel version it should have an average fuel consumption of 20.4 km/l (48 mpg) which I would consider to be quite good. But you mention the "mounting points" - I am not sure I know what you mean by that ... normally I would consider it to be the "points" where the engine is mounted in the car frame but I assume this is not the case ... ? :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Jesper 

From your post about 5th gear, i thought you are looking only for a new transmission for your petrol engine, that's why i said diesel box would be problematic.

Ok, fine to have it clarified - thanks ... Have a good day ;-)

Jesper

Rostra offers very good aftermarket cruise control units, which work perfect.

• 8 months later...

hi Evalon.

Can you share with me the instalation of cruisecontrol on your car? Just bought verso 2005 1.3 vvti and wanna know about the possibilites of instalation. Which cruise have you installed and is it prewired?

Thanks