Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris alarm keeps going off

Anette

Hi,

The alarm on a ‘61’ Auris Hybrid keeps going off for no apparent reason.

AA could find no fault with diagnostics machine, but as it’s sunday, the local Toyota dealer has no engineers to do further checks.

it was suggested that perhaps the Battery was low so I have taken the car out for a drive. The alarm went off within minutes of me parking back up.

I have seen suggestions of locking the car with the key rather than the remote, but I do not have that. The car is not mine - it has been left on my drive while the owner is on holiday. I have been leaving the car unlocked and blocked in over the weekend but I can’t do that during the week.

is there any way I can disable the alarm?

thanks in advance for any help.

Lock the car with mechanical key, not the key fob, that wont enable the alarm.

How do you turn the car on, if you dont have the key?

If you have the smart start key fob, there is an actual mechanical key inside, check the side, you press the little button and you can pull it out, use it to lock the car.

If you dont even have this, then manually lock all the doors from the inside using the switch on every door, then do the same on drivers door, and close it, it should be locked, and no alarm turned on.

image.thumb.png.f3b184d12fb0f0bc1384535a3953df74.png

• Like 1

I do have the smart key fob, did not know there was a secret compartment!

I’ve given this a go. Thanks very much for responding.

anette

Factory system or was it a dealer fit option. ? never mind just re read the post

If it was a dealer fit the siren will have a Battery backup in it, these go dead and will cause false alarms, bonnet switches have a habit of corroding too

pop the bonnet, loosen the negative Battery terminal, lock the car with the fob and disconnect the Battery terminal what you just loosened, shut the bonnet (if you do not loosen the battery terminal you will get defend by the alarm) - this will secure the car without the alarm going off

when the owner returns open the car with the key and then open the bonnet and reconnect the battery

I'd also try disabling the motion sensor before getting out (just above the rear view mirror) in case that's faulty (long shot but you never know).

I've just had a fight with Toyota about this issue on my 2012 Auris. After having them claim it was different faults and replacing them I found out it was something totally different and the diagnostics showed it clearly.

In my case it was the break glass sensor. It's a microphone in the boot under the tray, should be stuck to the body of the car. I just disconnected mine as can't find a replacement for it, it's been fine ever since.

• 2 years later...

I've had the same problem for about a year. My 61 plate auris hybrid, which has had its catalytic converter stolen twice by the way, 😡 has something setting off the alarm within minutes of me locking the car. I now just disable the motion sensor and its fine, but I'm selling it and need to find the actual cause. I'd like to try disconnecting the Glass Break sensor as mentioned above, but the location description is a bit vague. Can anyone elaborate please? I'd be very grateful.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links