Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 rav4 Qi phone charging

Teresap

• 5 months later...
On 10/8/2019 at 12:44 AM, Rav Rob said:

Quite happy with my £10 China one. No phone slipping and charges quickly.

charger1.jpg

Hi, a courtesy, is wiring difficult?

On 4/23/2020 at 9:12 AM, SergioM63 said:

Hi, a courtesy, is wiring difficult?

Sorry, the photo is not very good, but no wiring, I have mine plugged into the USB outlet in the armrest

Certainly cheaper than the USD $700-800 or GBP £500-600 for the Toyota part!

That voltage display would annoy me though as it doesn’t go to “0” when there is no phone charging. But looks good though, perhaps version “2” when it comes out may address this. Thanks for finding and sharing it with us 👍.

13 hours ago, Buff69 said:

That voltage display would annoy me though as it doesn’t go to “0” when there is no phone charging. But looks good though, perhaps version “2” when it comes out may address this. Thanks for finding and sharing it with us 👍.

Yes a lot of Chinese chargers are obsessed with voltage which is of no real use. A charge current reading would be far more useful as you could see that you have a good coupling and confirm its charging well. I like the ambient Blue light strip on this though.

Sadly being a lease car I can make such significant changes.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

£600+?! *Mentally adds that to the list of crazy priced parts*

You can source a QI kit for £35ish +VAT from Ali-Express for both the 4.4 (all the ones I have seen sit proud) and the 4.5 which sits flush. The only thing I would point out is if the HU only does wired CarPlay, then you’ll have the phone connected (and charging) via the HU anyway. I would post a link, but the Ali-Express app is only throwing referral links out and that’s not my intention. VTear is the seller and is currently offering them for RHD RAV’s.

Marketing for 12v acc socket chargers tends to quote the combined output, so a dual port 2.4a charger will often be marketed as a 4.8a charger as that’s the total maximum sustained output. I tend to stick to known brands (Anker/RAVPower being my favourite re-branders), Cheap chargers are best avoided.