Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 2019 can a digital speedometer be displayed?

Scottydog007

Has anyone found out if a digital speed can be displayed on drivers display for the Rav4 2019. I don’t think it can be done. Looking at a US forum and it seems they can do this, but they have a slightly different drivers display.

You can, it will be in the manual or settings in the drivers central area next to the petrol gauge 

Found it. In drivers display settings, go to car settings and change the display from Analogue to Digital. My car was always set to analogue. I am yet to drive with them both to see which one I like best.

A41B5A65-250C-4567-BDF3-8FBF3985B3A2.jpeg

00F1D4BF-2DA3-4B1C-81D0-A6472BAD7F0F.jpeg

DD2F90AB-EBA8-4ABA-902B-4F07838DFA0A.jpeg

B887EC13-AE7E-41FE-B97A-01F659D992C3.jpeg

I wouldn't have bought a RAV if it didn't do this, especially as it's the first Toyota I've had for 10 years without a Head Up Display - shocking as it's also my most expensive Toyota.  I've not had an analogue speedo since before 2000 (except for briefly in a Yaris which switched to analogue just before I got it!) - I positively hate analogue now.

One advantage of using the digital option on the RAV is that when bright sunlight is behind you it can make a lot of the analogue display (the bit you use most below 50 mph) very hard, at times almost impossible to see, whereas the top bit (where the digital speed is shown) is better protected by the cowling and so far has always been visible.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Scottydog007 said:

Has anyone found out if a digital speed can be displayed on drivers display for the Rav4 2019. I don’t think it can be done. Looking at a US forum and it seems they can do this, but they have a slightly different drivers display.

In the UK all versions get the 7" display between the physical HSI, Fuel and Temp gauges.

In the US and some other countries, lesser models get a 4" display for the safety and info data, with a physical speedo one side and rev counter or HSI (for metrol/Hybrid cars respecitvely) on the other.

Tried both, went back to analogue, I like watching the needle shooting round between 60 and 80 especially.. little rocket! 

I always drive with a Tom tom on anyway and I am used to checking my speed on that when its important as its very accurate and doesn't have to under-read like a speedo (even a digital one) has to by law.

Good to have the choice though, so everyone should be happy, whichever style is preferred.