Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stop start problem

Trebby91

Hi, Just bought a 2016 Avansis diesel 2L

I am I doing something wrong ?

The stop start seemed to work Ok for about a week then it stopped operating, in which I mean the engine did not stop when I put it in neutral and pressed the clutch.

I have not switched it off and there are no dash lights showing.

Do I need to switch anything on or off?

Thanks, Barry

If the SS switch is on, first thing I would check is your Battery output, SS runs as it had a mind of it's own when I realized I am getting about 10v of the original Exide branded Battery, this was at around 100k.
Once fitted a new Battery the SS is smooth.

There are various circumstances which affect when the stop/start systems operate. These include, but are not limited to, outside temperature being above a certain level, whether the Battery has sufficient charge, whether there is a heavy electrical load  (eg multimedia system, air con, hrw, etc beibg on), etc. Your owners manual should provide more info.

The stop start does not operate if you have the screen demister setting on your heating system. With the weather getting worse, have you changed your settings to window demist?