Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car play/android auto for Yaris?

AlfK

Hi all, 

Have had my yaris icontech for 2 years now since buying new in UK, and have been trying to get either an update to my existing Toyota media system (by badgering Toyota multimedia support), or talking to Halford's audio 'experts', or trawling the web, to get android auto support/capability installed into my car. 

To date no success - Toyota say no plans to upgrade Yaris system in pipeline - I still want to keep/use the small led screen on dashboard in front of steering wheel, and Halfords have told me, if I buy 3rd party unit to replace Toyota one I would lose this screen! 

I realise that the Aygo now has carplay/android auto capability, but this vehicle is too small for my needs - the Yaris is just right! 

Has anyone had any success in the Yaris/carplay-android auto combo?

Thanks for any help/advice forthcoming. 

Alf 👍😊

Can't see Toyota doing anything re Android Auto for the Yaris until they bring out the fourth generation (next year??). Not all versions of the 2018 facelift Aygo have Android Auto, and it is a different multimedia system to the Yaris.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links