Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

If you have a 2019 RAV4 did yours come with an AWD Badge?

PeteB

Just idle curiosity, but so far only one owner (Gweeds) of an All Wheel Drive new RAV4 has reported having an AWD Badge on the boot.   Several people (including me have confirmed ours do not.

Has anyone else with an AWD RAV4 got the Badge, and if so is it just on the boot (some earlier models had the m on the rear wings)?

Mine did not but I believe  poster “ daiashthomas “ has the AWD emblem, I think there is a picture somewhere but I cannot find it. ( that might stand for All Welsh Drive coming from Wales of course ) 

3 hours ago, Southern Softy said:

Mine did not but I believe  poster “ daiashthomas “ has the AWD emblem, I think there is a picture somewhere but I cannot find it. ( that might stand for All Welsh Drive coming from Wales of course ) 

Nope: daiashthomas posted a pic saying his didn't - it was Gweeds in his video here:

costs about $8 in the US for the Badge as a spare part, PT413-42160

If you are happy with just AWD you can get badges in various colours (chrome, black, red etc.) on eBay from ~£2 del. from China

Thanks, but I'm not looking to get it, just idle curiosity since it seemed (and still does) that one person got the Badge.

They seem to get them in the US on either side to the lower front rear wheel arch location 

Yes seen them there don’t know if I like them in that position though 

My Excel doesn't have the AWD Badge and I'm really couldn't care less if it did or not. If you happen to get an after-market one, make sure that you tell your insurance company first as you will be making your car a little more "desirable". I even told mine when I had my Volvo S60 2.4T debadged (I wanted people to think it was a T5 as it had the same alloys), and they added £5.50 to the premium - LOL. Remember, any modification, however minor HAS to be declared. Yes, even things like roof bars and boxes should be mentioned and most insurance companies won't even charge, but it could just be the excuse that a loss adjuster is waiting for. If in doubt, just let them know as it could cost you dear otherwise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

My Excel doesn't have the AWD badge and I'm really couldn't care less if it did or not...

same here, just idle curiosity as it seemed odd that only one car appeared to have it

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

...make sure that you tell your insurance company first ...any modification, however minor HAS to be declared...

Couldn't agree more - insurers can be quite funny, and you certainly don't want to find out how much so as you're trying to claim!

At my last renewal, one firm I approached for a quote had a list of things they wanted to know about which even included magnetic signs on the doors.

A few years ago, Co-op Insurance actually declined to quote because I had the official Toyota body side mouldings to help protect against other people's careless door opening in car parks!  The lady put me on hold to speak to an underwriter, who confirmed the ½ inch thick strips meant they couldn't quote because "it changed the car's dimensions".  Wow!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 years later...

Just taken delivery of a 70 plate Excel AWD and found the AWDi Badge in the glove box with the owner’s manual. Not sure if I’ll apply it. 

Mine ( September 2019) didn't come with an AWD Badge but it does have a spare wheel which is more useful !!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Peterd23 said:

Mine ( September 2019) didn't come with an AWD badge but it does have a spare wheel which is more useful !!

I'll swap you my Badge for your wheel....

• Haha 2

Hi all new here, interesting post I have a 2020 rav excel with awd Badge and a spare wheel, looks like I’m one of the lucky ones 😀😀

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Skincue said:

Hi all new here, interesting post I have a 2020 rav excel with awd badge and a spare wheel, looks like I’m one of the lucky ones 😀😀

Wait 'til you shake your head - sorry, childish childhood joke 😇

• 1 year later...

We’ve just bought a Toyota used approved 2019 rav4 Excel hybrid. The car was sold as front wheel drive, but when we updated our car insurance and entered the reg number the spec came up as a 4x4. No AWD Badge on the back, but having found this thread I checked the manual. The car has the “trail” button, the hybrid info screen shows 2 electric motors and the driver’s door sill says “4WD Vehicle”. Presumably the dealership just saw the absence of the AWD Badge and assumed it was front wheel drive. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Rouleur said:

We’ve just bought a Toyota used approved 2019 rav4 Excel hybrid. The car was sold as front wheel drive, but when we updated our car insurance and entered the reg number the spec came up as a 4x4. No AWD badge on the back, but having found this thread I checked the manual. The car has the “trail” button, the hybrid info screen shows 2 electric motors and the driver’s door sill says “4WD Vehicle”. Presumably the dealership just saw the absence of the AWD badge and assumed it was front wheel drive. 

That’s funny 😄

If the dealer did that mistake or they wanted to do it on purpose, either way it only shows how unprofessional most dealers are these days. You as new owners are obvious the winner as the awd are more expensive than fwd, get 4 for the price of 2, every little help 🇬🇧

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rouleur said:

We’ve just bought a Toyota used approved 2019 rav4 Excel hybrid. The car was sold as front wheel drive, but when we updated our car insurance and entered the reg number the spec came up as a 4x4. No AWD badge on the back, but having found this thread I checked the manual. The car has the “trail” button, the hybrid info screen shows 2 electric motors and the driver’s door sill says “4WD Vehicle”. Presumably the dealership just saw the absence of the AWD badge and assumed it was front wheel drive. 

Wow, awesome for you, dopey dealer has lost out there.  Which one was it, good to know for the future 🤣

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links