Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

CH-R Dynamic + Store alarms

Steve Douglas

Hi all. Toyota Key fob + store security alarm blaring - Happened to you? I have recently purchased my second CH-R, this one being the 2019 Dynamic. I am experiencing something strange and embarrassing 😭 🥵. On a regular basis I enter/leave a store (Tesco for example, plus other stores) and I set the entry/exit alarms off when I pass the sensors. It is getting embarrassing as it happens more on the way in where obviously I have not got anything on me. I've had my bags checked loads but obviously nothing amiss. I cannot remember it happening with my old (2017) CH-R.

I spent some time with one guard and we done some tests with my phone, then my wallet, everything else and then my Toyota key fob and it sets it off. The bizarre thing is it is not every single time but does happen a lot and like I say, more on entering. 

Anyone else have this problem, is there a solution. Can't exactly not take my key with me just in case I set alarms off! Ideas?

New one on me, but maybe if all else fails get one of the Faraday pouches and pop key in that when you go there?

Beware, some of the pouches work, some don't.  If you stand next you your car with the key in a pouch and the smart unlocking doesn't work, then it should be ok.

I never proved it but I strongly suspected it on a couple of occasions when I had a 2012 Avensis with Smartfob. Only seemed to happen in 1 or 2 shops though ...🤔

• 4 months later...

An update. In the end I didn't get a pouch. But strangely enough about 2 months ago it stopped setting of store entrance/exit alarms! Don't know why.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links