Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Avensis 2013 Icon TR parking sensors

Taps

Parking sensors not working or not loud enough (Toyota said they are working) any suggestions?

Front/rear? If you have a switch to disable e.g. when towing, presumably they aren't switched off?

If your dealer says that they were working they must have been able to hear them ...

No switch in the place where the manual says it should be, camera working ok but beeper seems to quiet or intermittent

1 hour ago, Taps said:

No switch in the place where the manual says it should be,

I think that it varies according to factory-fit or dealer-fit - my 2012 T-spirit had a button by the steering wheel, my 2017 Bus. Ed. has  it in the boot.

Quite often with dealer fit rear sensors, the on/off switch is mounted on the boot lining near to the rear light cluster containing the reversing light.

3 hours ago, Taps said:

Whereabouts in the boot Heidfirst?

on this 2017 TS the dealer mounted it in the n/s boot trim panel above the boot light but as Frosty has said it is often nearer the rear than that.

Thanks everyone, what I thought was the boot light switch was, in fact, the sensor isolator switch which was off!! Thanks again everyone😊

However, despite finding the switch, the reverse beeper comes on when reverse gear is engaged but goes off when reversing with the parking brake on(I have a sloping drive) and gives no indication of the wall approaching although the reversing camera is fine

and now it beeps at first but stops as it approached obstructions....any suggestions?

Don't see why you would reverse with the parking brake on - probably designed for the sensors not to operate when the parking brake is applied. I'd make judicious use of the footbrake.

Parking brake disengages once the car moves but I used it that way on the slope of my drive, level ground reversing produced the same beep problem