Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Muting radios for nav directions

rafletcher

Can anyone tell me how to mute the radio when the navigation announces a turn please?

Mine automatically mutes the music playing from my iPod and always done. I've just checked the manual and there doesn't seem to be a setting to control it.

I don't have your model (though I would love a Touring Sport), but I thought that most integrated nav systems would have voice direction override. I have two bluetooth systems in my 2009 Avensis, the built in 'primitive' voice only for phone calls, that lets my old Nokia Windows phone navigating give directions, muting the music, and my Bluetooth/USB adapter via the CD changer, for my android phone, that does the same. Interestingly, if I mute Google maps voice, the music is not interrupted, but the directions still show on the phone screen!  

Maybe that what is going on with the built in system, the voice not set! You might need to play with the system, somebody hear advise you, or go back to the dealer in case something is wrong. 

I downloaded the 'Navigation' manual for the Corolla from My Toyota (https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eManual), and found the setting to turn the voice prompts off/on, as I suspected in my previous message. 
Page 51 - Voice settings. Press 'setup button', select 'voice', select the function you want to adjust - voice volume level, voice recognition prompts on/off, street name guidance on/off, avoidable route announcement on/off, Default - resets everything.

For more info, look at your manual.  

Hope this helps.

Thanks Konrad.  I’ve only used the nav function once as a test, and initially I’m sure it muted the radio when giving a voice prompt, it was only at the end it appeared not to. I’ll pop out and have a play with the settings. 

I don't have the MM17 version of Touch2 that you will but the older version but on mine the radio doesn't mute for navigation prompts but you can adjust the volume level of the voice prompts so that they are louder than the music. I have a suspicion that you may have unwittingly turned this down (it's quite common on the older version, I don't know about MM17).

Well I’ve upped the volume of the voice prompts, so will see tomorrow when we’re off visiting family. 

ETA, actually had to pop out today, and right enough the radio isn't muted/reduced in volume when the nav voice prompts sound.  Not great that. Perhaps I'll put in a request to Toyota if I can find a way to do so 🙂