Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Beeps and light

Jarvis

Hi all

i have just got a 2016 Avensis aura. I’ve had it two days now and 3 times so far I have been driving when I’d suddenly here 4 quick beeps and I look at the dash just to see a light go off. I can’t look fast enough to see what the light is. It was in Centre it dash, red and rectangular. Couldn’t tell if there was a picture or text inside the rectangle. Anyone any clue as to what it may be? Driving the car seems perfect. I’ve been alone in the car each time with nothing on passenger seat so it’s not a seat belt issue. 

If you know the position of the warning light, then have a look as you turn the ignition switch from off to on. The bulb test when this happens should show you what icon is on the warning light.

if the whole centre panel was red then it was Toyota Safety Sense

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Heidfirst said:

if the whole centre panel was red then it was Toyota Safety Sense

What does that system do?

If your entire centre display flashed up red then its is the TSS pre collision warning as it has seen a potential for collision, however so long as you react by steering or braking it will cancel, if you don't take action it will intervene to mitigate to possibility of a collision.

1 hour ago, Devon Aygo said:

If your entire centre display flashed up red then its is the TSS pre collision warning as it has seen a potential for collision, however so long as you react by steering or braking it will cancel, if you don't take action it will intervene to mitigate to possibility of a collision.

Imo,on my car, 95% of the time it appears I can see no obvious threat, the other 5% I am already aware of something but not concerned. I have never braked or altered my steering & TSS has never actually intervened (e.g. braked).

If your car has Adaptive Cruise Control (the radar type that slows down if there's something slower in front of you) and you're using it when you hear the four beeps, that's the sound this system makes if a hill makes it go a little faster than your set speed - usually, it has brought you back close enough to your set speed a second or two after the beeps.

The other time it might happen is if you've used the accelerator to briefly exceed your set speed and then lifted off to let the speed settle back to you set speed.

Thanks all. I pretty sure it’s pedestrian warning and pre collision warning after reading these comments and the manual. TSS seems really good but I don’t jave all aspects of it. For example I do have the collision prevention but don’t have the lane drift thing. I was told I have auto wipers but I’m not sure about that. I’m also unsure if I have auto high beam

1 hour ago, Jarvis said:

...I was told I have auto wipers but I’m not sure about that...

If there's a position marked "AUTO" on the bit of your wiper stalk that you rotate to set the wiper speed, then you do, if it says "INT" these it's ordinary intermittent.  Smaller ring in the stalk with widening marks sets either the auto sensitivity or intermittent interval.

1 hour ago, Jarvis said:

... I’m also unsure if I have auto high beam

If there's a button somewhere on the lower dash like this image.png.98578ddaecc13bbeab60d13265587d52.png  then you have auto high beam.  A green light on the button glows when it's selected on.  When the headlights are turned on and this button is turned on a lamp like this image.png.a038dce0ad4884e4decf4863c8ccad76.png glows green on the dash.

I don’t have INT or AUTO on the wipers control but I do have this box at the top of the windscreen. 

D55765D0-A958-4F00-AC15-0C87D461F6F9.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Jarvis said:

I don’t have INT or AUTO on the wipers control

Might be a few dashes then (between off and slow speed).  If you don't have Auto wipers I'd be surprised if you don't have intermittent.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links