Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

IQ Wanted

Charlie L

Hi, I am looking for an Auto IQ for my Wife.  What should i check for when looking at used IQ`s?

Your advice is eagerly awaited!!! 

There's not a lot to look for really. I've got a 2014 IQ2 1.0 Auto fron new and nothing to speak of has gone wrong. Had a horn and hatch struts replaced under warranty. Only just replaced original front pads after 45k miles.

Odd few dash rattles is the only thing that's bugged me.

You can get the IQ3 which is same spec as IQ2 but with 1.33 engine and different alloys/tyres but these are rare and tend to be expensive. I'd go for an IQ2 auto as new as you can get, low miles with Full Service History.  Depends on your budget.

Things to be aware of:

Earlier white cars can suffer with paint  peeling off but seems to be corrected by 2011. 

Interior lighting is shockingly bad. There's a guy on here, Tarquin,  who does a brilliant front & rear lighting upgrade.

Bluetooth: No bluetooth is fitted so consider getting a Parrot kit.

Avoid the IQ1, bit basic.

Some auto's have a whine from gearbox after long/fast drives which there's a topic for on here. Had it a bit on mine but gearbox fluid change stopped it. 

Other than that they're a brilliant car. Shame they don't still make them.

Keep us posted.

Thank You very much en8wall69 

That was excellent information, really helpful. 

I think this will be an ideal car for my wife as she only does 5k miles a year on mainly B roads and the odd jaunt on an A road to the shops. On the very rare occasion she has to carry passengers she can squeeze a couple in, might stop them asking for a lift its too cramped!!!

I was expecting a flurry of people offering used ones for sale in the Kent area, oh well the search continues.

Thank you once again for the information. 

I'd keep looking on Auto Trader, Toyota website and even eBay.  Just looked on auto trader there are loads for sale in and around Kent. 

There's also a facebook page Toyota IQ UK that's quite busy and has some cars for sale every now and again. 

Keep looking, you'll find one. Be quick though...good cars don't stay for sale for long.  

I've attached some screen prints showing some autos for sale around Kent on Auto Trader.

Screenshot_2019-10-19-13-45-30.png

Screenshot_2019-10-19-13-45-35.png

Screenshot_2019-10-19-13-45-41.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2019 at 5:08 PM, en8wall69 said:

There's not a lot to look for really. I've got a 2014 IQ2 1.0 Auto fron new and nothing to speak of has gone wrong. Had a horn and hatch struts replaced under warranty. Only just replaced original front pads after 45k miles.

Odd few dash rattles is the only thing that's bugged me.

You can get the IQ3 which is same spec as IQ2 but with 1.33 engine and different alloys/tyres but these are rare and tend to be expensive. I'd go for an IQ2 auto as new as you can get, low miles with Full Service History.  Depends on your budget.

Things to be aware of:

Earlier white cars can suffer with paint  peeling off but seems to be corrected by 2011. 

Interior lighting is shockingly bad. There's a guy on here, Tarquin,  who does a brilliant front & rear lighting upgrade.

Bluetooth: No Bluetooth is fitted so consider getting a Parrot kit.

Avoid the IQ1, bit basic.

Some auto's have a whine from gearbox after long/fast drives which there's a topic for on here. Had it a bit on mine but gearbox fluid change stopped it. 

Other than that they're a brilliant car. Shame they don't still make them.

Keep us posted.

Not happy with the whole ‘Avoid the IQ1’ bit....

Maybe because they are basic is much of the appeal to the masses who chose these models. To say ‘avoid’ is a bit cheeky.

8 minutes ago, Darth IQ73 said:

Avoid the IQ1, bit basic

People have different needs and opinions. If one comes across an IQ1 that meets one's requirements in terms of wants, condition, mileage, price, etc, there is nothing wrong with going for it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Having owned both, I’d personally get a 1.3 over the 1.0. Not much faster but is way more refined with zero engine vibration issues 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a manual iQ2, 2011, which is excellent buzzing around town; I was surprised at its nippiness.

How does the auto cope with getting into the traffic flow, on roundabouts ?

Is there any lag when one’s foot goes down, into a gap in the traffic ?

The clutch take-up is rapid on the manual.

• 1 month later...

I started with a 2009 IQ1 with 65K and bought a 2014 IQ3 with 37K in July last year. The turning circle on the IQ1 is far better than the IQ3. I don't get any vibration / shudders in the IQ3 and they aren't bad in the IQ1. I haven't noticed much difference in speed at top end, acceleration is nifty on both, I rarely use second gear and don't bother with 5th in new one as go straight to 6th. I find the IQ1 gets the shudder in second gear only.

I love these cars, you get a lot of fun for little cost and they are one of the few cars where high mileage wouldn't put me off. I'm looking at a 3rd, it has issues, an entire clutch with slave cylinder fitted at £420 inc VAT is surprisingly cheap.

I've never driven an automatic car that doesn't have the lag @Sally190 mentions that has an engine smaller than 2L.

Insurance is amazing, DIrect Line charged me £6.00 for adding the second one!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a 2010/60 facelift with white interior panels IQ3 Auto done 20k with full Toyota main agent history - always been serviced and MOT'd at Toyota main agent where I live.

I also have a 2009/09 Toyota IQ2 Urban with rear sensors, 1 lady owner with full history - click this to know more: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=293407921908&_sacat=0 

• 3 weeks later...

Moved to the Wanted section with link left in the IQ club.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links