Sign in to follow this  
Crossmans

12v Battery problem

Hi

ive had my Ch-r Dynamic now for just under 12 months and really love it, but in the last few weeks I’ve had an issue with the 12v Battery level dropping to below 10v and the hybrid system fails to start. I have called out Toyota assist three times now. I have spoken to two local dealers who tell me that is is not a known fault, although on other Ch-r forums it is mentioned often. Toyota customer services have indicated that it may be the manner in which the car is driven!! It is now booked into a local dealer to check that nothing is drawing the Battery while it’s parked overnight. The car has only done 9000, and is driven at least 15 miles a day, but occasionally gets left for two or three days, then the problem occurs. I also own a 10 yr old Lexus hybrid, which gets left on drive for two or three weeks at a time and never has this issue.

Has anybody else had similar issues?

Edited by Crossmans
Spelling mistake

Did Toyota customer services not elaborate when they said it maybe the way it is driven?

No they just said that there were many driving factors, but wouldn’t elaborate.

Hi, I have had my CH-R Dynamic for 22 months, I have had this problem now for one year.  I have had four brand new batteries put on the car and still suffering this problem.  I was told that this fault is unknown as well.  I drive my car every single day, it never sits unused.  If there is an issue with flat batteries after leaving the car unused, surely this is a design fault and Toyota should fet their fingersbout and sort it.  When emailing Toyota customer services about it, they didnt even have the courtesy to answer.  I love my CH-R too, and have always had Toyota, but this is the most unreliable car I have ever had and Toyota just dont seem to care.  Serously thinking about getting rid of it and moving away from Tpyota completely.

4 batteries changed! 😨 I suspect the Battery is being discharge by something. And Toyota cannot trace the fault.

You have the right to reject the car, hand it back and swap for another or something else, as it's under warranty.  It would be an option to seriously consider.