Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Corolla: Are future map updates likely to be free?

Velvet--Glove

23 hours ago, jerverd said:

Brand new owners of any Toyota cars have 3 years free Map Care (free map update every Autumn & Spring), Google Search, Google Street View, Fuel, Parking, Weather, Cyclops Mobile Speed Camera (accurate as far as in my experience), Traffic and e-Store apps. To avail it, you need to create an account in MyT Connected Services. The dealer can help you registered if you don't know, but you can also do it on your own as long as you have the car VIN number and the V5C documents.

There are issues with what apps are available for New Corolla owners. E store is just an icon, it does nothing. Something to do with licencing. I have never seen weather, or fuel etc working on mine, so assume it's mixed up with the licencing issues. As a RAV owner, I guess you have full access.

1 hour ago, Timmon said:

There are issues with what apps are available for New Corolla owners. E store is just an icon, it does nothing. Something to do with licencing. I have never seen weather, or fuel etc working on mine, so assume it's mixed up with the licencing issues. As a RAV owner, I guess you have full access.

If you have factory navigation installed then you have Weather, parking, fuel etc see pages 73/74 of manual attached 

OM12N39E.pdf

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 10:04 PM, Devon Aygo said:

If you have factory navigation installed then you have Weather, parking, fuel etc see pages 73/74 of manual attached 

OM12N39E.pdf 48.14 MB · 1 download

Thanks Devon.

Maybe it only shows the full menu when you select a route, but stationary I have Traffic, Fuel, Parking, and Info. No Weather, it is not even there but "greyed out".  The manual says "During route guidance operation" and I was just sitting in the drive with no destination set. I'll have a look when I punch in a destination sometime, in case the option appears in that case. I had not seen the fuel or parking options before. Thanks.

Do you have any idea if the E store will become active with Corolla?

23 hours ago, Timmon said:

Do you have any idea if the E store will become active with Corolla?

Toyota intended to go it alone with their own bespoke in car setup based off "Smart device link" see HERE, however customer demand meant a switch and the introduction of Apple carplay / Android auto put a stop to Toyotas own system meaning no bespoke APPS, cars with MM19 already installed do not have SDL and MM17 car being upgraded to MM19 will have SDL removed, the estore remains as it is the portal back from your head unit to Toyotas server but will never be expanded upon further as AA/CP now provide the services Toyota intended to provide via SDL

12 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Toyota intended to go it alone with their own bespoke in car setup based off "Smart device link" see HERE, however customer demand meant a switch and the introduction of Apple carplay / Android auto put a stop to Toyotas own system meaning no bespoke APPS, cars with MM19 already installed do not have SDL and MM17 car being upgraded to MM19 will have SDL removed, the estore remains as it is the portal back from your head unit to Toyotas server but will never be expanded upon further as AA/CP now provide the services Toyota intended to provide via SDL

OK, Thanks Devon. So looks like MM17 owners have to pay for the upgrade to get the extra services, whether they are interested on AA / CP or not. Happy to do it to keep the car up to date, but sad that the "free" for 3 years services won't apply, apart for map updates, of course.

MM17, MM19, SDL?  I have a Toyota built in Feb 20.  What should I have?  Sprry if I am being dense but what do the abbreviations mean?

9 hours ago, Roy124 said:

MM17, MM19, SDL?  I have a Toyota built in Feb 20.  What should I have?  Sprry if I am being dense but what do the abbreviations mean?

MM17 Is the original multimedia system installed in Corolla from launch, in late 2019 Toyota updated the system to MM19 ( included Apple carplay /Android  auto ) customer with MM17 can now pay to upgrade from MM17 to MM19 ( £50 with a service £150 on its own )

SDL is Smart device link ( see link in posts above )

I've had the update done with its first service today (thank you Listers of Cheltenham!). I still have the SDL option showing above "Toyota online". Should that have been deleted?