Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Knocking noise from front right - EU warranty

charlbal

Hello all,

For some time I have been noticing a knocking sound (front right hub) when turning the steering or parking my Yaris'14 particularly when the car is inclined.  I am suspecting the CV outer joint but will investigate further shortly. Car has 35k Miles on the clock.

In the meantime, I would like to ask whether the cv joints are indeed covered under the 5 year, 100k miles warranty (powertrain?) I have. Car is coming out of warranty by end of year.

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

I suspect they probably are covered. However, if there is an issue which caused the potential failure, e.g. a split or holed gaitor from which the grease has leaked out, then probably not.

As far as I'm aware EU models don't have a separate powertrain warranty - the US does though.

Aside from that the EU warranty (excluding UK) is stated in time and kilometres, not time and miles (eg the European new car warranty is 3 years or 100,000km, as opposed to the UK's 5 years/100,000 mile new car warranty).

Many thanks, both.  My fault, I said EU 🙂 I'm from Malta, and the car is indeed covered for 5 years/ 100k Miles (alike a car purchased in the UK), and is ending quite soon.  Always serviced at Toyota dealer.

Thanks again, I shall definitely check with the dealer here then.

Kind regards,