Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

speedometer sensor location yaris 1.0 2002 vvt-i

mike1979

hi every one, looking for help  my speedometer is stopped working it's shows 0 MPH on dash board  i am pretty sure is the speedometer sensor is not working as i have already plug it with computer and does not give me any reading. the problem am having is i can not find the speedometer sensor on my toyota yaris is 1.0 2002 . i have attached two picture one for toyota yaris 2001 where the speedometer sensor is located on the back of the gear box above the drive shaft see the red circle. the second picture is for my yaris see the picture with blue circle there is no speedometer sensor   can any one help me to find the speedometer sensor if possible with picture 

yaris-2001.thumb.jpg.1942e57d15238acaf6a48fcda3d4c1c0.jpg yaris2003.thumb.jpg.95f07313e1fd49411ddfce461d0156f3.jpg

You can try this manual (need IE or EDGE browser) https://www.autocats.ws/manual/toyota/Yaris_90/Home.htm

Or you can go to japan-parts.eu, enteer your VIN, find the speed sensor as a part, and you will see the location (and the part number in case you will need to buy one).

i have tried everything i have tried this both website but no luck am needing some one to guide me if possible with diagram or photo

• Like 1

I don't know your frame code, and there are different versions, so i'm just throwing this out there...

The speed sensor seems to be inside the clutch, the opposite side of the clutch fork. The info is from links below.

image.thumb.png.aa950163e2c96a4ba111aaad67b5bfdb.png

https://www.autocats.ws/manual/toyota/Yaris_Verso_NCP20/eng/contents/index2.html

https://www.autocats.ws/manual/toyota/Yaris_SCP1/eng/contents/index3.html

• 1 year later...

The speed sensor is on the front hubs, the one which reads the actual speed is the right hand side one.

Not on a gen 1 without ABS, most newer cars use ABS for the VSS and a gearbox sender as a backup

Anyhoo I would think the OP has fixed this by now (a year later) or the car has gone to the scrap heap

• 1 year later...

Hi Mike, I have the same problem with my yaris 2006 model hatchback. Speedometer is not working with code 0500 vss speed sensor malfunction. I have tried to find it but it seems this version is relying on the wheel sensors and transmission revolution sensor only. If you have fixed the problem share your experience. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links