Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Estima Aeras Towing

Greg98

Hi Everyone,

Just upgraded from an old 1999 2.2td to an old 2005 2.4 Aeras. Please can anyone advise me on

• whether this vehicle is legally allowed to tow in the uk?
  • where can I buy a tow bar to fit? as all the towing shops say Aeras excluded!
  • can I fit a standard Estima tow bar and cut out some plastic?
  • does anyone sell the required electrics so as not to confuse the car by connecting the towing socket?

Any advice and help welcome. I'm in Essex uk.

Thanks.

Greg

Hi again Greg, you could try contacting Watling engineering they fit tow bars to most vehicles they are located in St Albans Hertfordshire.

Hello!

I called Watling Engineering and they were very helpful. I think they are the people to make this happen. I'll let you know how I get on as it involves a bumper cut.... Hmmm not sure about that. anyway I might take some pictures and post the project when It happens as I guess there must be others with Estima Aeras needing tow bars.

Thanks Tony.

Greg...when I considered putting a tow bar on my Esti...these guys quoted me for a home fitting..£403...didn't seem to make any exceptions for the Aeras . (in the end I didn't have a tow bar fitted)

https://www.towbarexpress.co.uk/makemodelsearch/?make=TOYOTA&model=ESTIMA&year=2003&postcode=

Hi Greg, its good to know you got the information you needed, good luck with it. Would be good to know how it all goes. Also with the  information Neil has given there's another option.

• 3 years later...

Hi Greg - could you tell me if you did get a towbar for your 2005 Aeras? We have a 2006 Aeras and having no luck finding the right towbar

Thanks

Georgie

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links