Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"Keyboard" special characters - how?

rafletcher

I'm sure this can be done (I did search and found reference to typing email addresses being "torture") but last evening, when trying to register my MM system, I could see no way to get the "@" symbol on the Toyota on-screen keyboard for my email address and password.  Letters, upper & lower case, and numbers, yes, albeit painfully slowly. Anything else, no. So, please can someone explain how I might do this?  TIA

(I ended up registering the device online, using the device ID - and even that was a pain as the screen font in the car doesn't differentiate between "l" (thats upper case i) and "I" (thats lower case L).  Nor does this forum!)

It's there somewhere but I agree that the keyboard on the infotainment system is awful. Why do we have to flip between letters and digits for instance? At least have a temporary shift function so that after selecting a digits it automatically reverts to letters.

Out of curiosity I went looking for the @ sign today - you need to "Change type" and select the "123" screen where there are numerals and a few other unusual characters.

For English language Speakers all we appear to need are the ABC and 123 screens.
Other screen "types" appear to be for various foreign language keyboards.

123 screen.jpg

Bloody Hell! How did I miss that when inputting a postcode!! 🤥  Ta 🙂