Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake pads

REDPEPPER

...........after complaining each time my wife's car (2014 Yaris Icon+) has been to Toyota for service about excessive brake dust accumulation on the front wheels which has never been addressed, I've cured it myself !! At 30.000 miles the originals were far from needing replacement, but I was sick and tired of it.

Previously I'd be cleaning them weekly as they were black with dust......

My solution ?

Proper pads !! EBC Greenstuff - three weeks down the line and several miles - hardly any dust at all !!

Original Toyota were Pagid and the discs, again not worn anywhere near their limit were replaced for the hell of it.

Wish I'd done it sooner.

Drive safely, All -

Its the compound of the pad, mintex pads are very good and are made by TMD the same as Pagid but have a very different compound

only issue with a harder pad is they eat the discs

....not if you fit decent discs !! Some folk replace pads and not matched discs, of course.

Obviously Toyota don't worry too much about longevity - replacing discs and pads are a nice little earner for not much work !!

I encountered all sorts of pads/discs whilst in the trade and EBC were always reliable.

Unfortunately the same can't be said of some cheaper offerings, or even O/E it would appear !