Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 2004 Fuel Gauge issue

penny_lee

Hi, Ive had my Rav4 2004 for 2 weeks and every time I turn him on the fuel gauge shows different amounts of fuel,  its even gone right over to like 2 o clock (1.5 tanks fuel).  I have taken the plastic front off to turn the dial to zero with engine off and i did notice a slight noise/resistance when turning it,  So at the moment i have no idea on what fuel i have so using the ODO trip2 to show miles.  I was wondering about changing the instrument panel but concerned about the replacement showing the incorrect total ODO miles.  Any ideas please?

thank you in advance

Penny xxx 

Try doing a reset by disconnecting the Battery for 30 mins.

Moved to the Rav4 club.

The problem does not have to be the gauge.  The transmitter in the tank is a float on the end of an arm.  That may be defective.

I have just swapped out the entire instrument panel and the fuel gauge now seems to work but the total mileage on the ODO is reading 11k more miles, its was 113871 and now 124794.  Is there anyway to get it set back to the original miles?  I did think the ODO was stored on the ECU.

thanks

Penny

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links