Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris: Y20 VS Icon Tech 2019

arjanvirdi

Hi. I am looking at purchasing a new Yaris, I have found a Yaris Y20 with 6K on the clock, for £12,990, and a brand new delivery miles Icon Tech for £11,397.

Which one would you recommend for me to buy, and why? Is the Y20 worth the extra?

Thanks

Just now, flash22 said:

Same engine/gearbox ?

Yes, Manual, 1.5

The Y20 has mainly cosmetic enhancements - different seat covers, interior trim differences, etc. The list price of the Y20 is approx £1100 more than that of the Icon Tech. Doubt whether, come resale in say three years, the Y20 will be worth much more over the Icon Tech.

Has the Y20 been used as a courtesy car? 

Comes down to personal choice - If you prefer the Y20 over the Icon Tech, then fair enough. However, a new, delivery mileage Icon Tech for the best part of £1600 less seems the best value to me.

i would go with the icon tech but get them to put the protection pack on the car (bumper load protector, boot liner and flaps all round) and push for the good mats because they will not budge on price and low ball you if you have a part exchange, the alloy protection and gap insurance is well over price

Take it for a long test drive not just around the block like a lot of main stealers do

Top tip. Don't listen to the sales person, most will sell their own mother for the commission, if in doubt walk away

22 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The Y20 has mainly cosmetic enhancements - different seat covers, interior trim differences, etc. The list price of the Y20 is approx £1100 more than that of the Icon Tech. Doubt whether, come resale in say three years, the Y20 will be worth much more over the Icon Tech.

Has the Y20 been used as a courtesy car? 

Comes down to personal choice - If you prefer the Y20 over the Icon Tech, then fair enough. However, a new, delivery mileage Icon Tech for the best part of £1600 less seems the best value to me.

Yes, I think it was used as a courtesy car. Are they pretty much the same drive, other than the interior and design?

Yes if they are both the 1.5 petrol.

17 minutes ago, arjanvirdi said:

Yes, I think it was used as a courtesy car. Are they pretty much the same drive, other than the interior and design?

Cosmetically different, however the Y20 will have 16"alloys the Icon Tech 15" which gives the Icon Tech a much better turning circle, the Icon Tech will also have either front or rear parking sensors and Navigation as standard on the Y20 these where options.