Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best sat nav headunit for 2009 T27 Avensis

Cmar-Ireland

Hey all,

I have a 2009 avensis T4 with the stock W53828 headunit. I want to fit a sat nav screen with reverse camera and would like to know the best option.

1. B9012 headunit, this looks the best in my opinion and can be updated to latest maps but it's a bit of a chore https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fCFYJSdYJg

2. TNS510, doesn't look as good as the B9012, but is much easier to keep the maps up to date.

3. One of the android systems from eBay or the like. Not an oem Toyota part, but probably the most functionality and best navigation.

I'm not sure whether to go for stock looks or an aftermarket android system. Is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks

The Android option would probably be better if you want to connect phones and bluetooth sources. Also, the map apps can be a lot better. And don't even look at the potential price difference compared to the OEM options. The Android units can be really poor in build quality, though, so be careful on that point.

• Like 2

Still looking for something decent, myself. The nicer ones tend to be a bit more pricey than I want for an £800 car, lol.

Any Halfords shops over there in Europe? 😉

Some of the headunits  in there look good, but the nav is usually a mirror of the app on whatever phone or tablet you connect to it. They don't have a GPS system built in and just rely on your phone. It might give you an idea or two. The only Androids I have up close experience with were very cheap one or somebody else's which I only got to see for a few minutes. Even the cheap ones did the job, but more expensive ones tend to have a better attention to detail and nice extra features. My ideal would include DAB, but that adds a lot to the cost, so I'll probably just keep using my DAB adaptor from Aldi, that was only twenty quid but means untidy wires or extra work to route them properly.😴

• 11 months later...

I would probably advise you to buy b9012 navigation. Because aftermarket navigations are not as well built as the originals. The origenals are built to last. I bought the aftermarket and it broke after a few months. So I just bought the b9012.

On 18.10.2019 at 03:20, paul9 said:

Er der nogen Halfords butikker derovre i Europa? 😉

Nogle af hovedenhederne derinde ser godt ud, men navet er normalt et spejl i appen på den telefon eller tablet, du forbinder til den. De har ikke et GPS-system indbygget og stoler bare på din telefon. Det kan give dig en idé eller to. De eneste androider, jeg har tæt erfaring med, var meget billige en eller en andens, som jeg kun fik set i et par minutter. Selv de billige gjorde jobbet, men dyrere har tendens til at have en bedre opmærksomhed på detaljer og gode ekstra funktioner. Mit ideal ville omfatte DAB, men det tilføjer meget til omkostningerne, så jeg vil sandsynligvis bare fortsætte med at bruge min DAB-adapter fra Aldi, det var kun tyve pund, men betyder rodede ledninger eller ekstra arbejde for at dirigere dem ordentligt. 😴

On 17.10.2019 at 23:10, Cmar-Ireland said:

Nogen eksempler på de bedre?