Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2005 Corolla ECM Replacement?

The Engineered Life

So recently my car is a check engine light came on so I went to AutoZone to check it out. After scanning the car they came up with this error code:

P0171 - system too lean

My car seems to be running fine so do I need to get this checked by a dealership or could I just reset the ECM?

If I do need to replace the ECM can I just use a replacement one from the junkyard?

Thanks

Hi,

So you get an engine error code and you want to replace the ECM ??

If you look up that error code will see that a lot of the causes  is due to a  problem with the MAF sensor, though there are other things.

Seems in the early stages you probably will not notice any obvious engine problems when driving.

You can easily clear the error code by disconnecting the Battery or by buying a cheap plug in OBD2 tester.

Wonder why your AutoZone (USA?)  garage have not suggested what the probable cause is and whats needed to correct it ?

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=obd2+scanner&s=price-asc-rank&crid=1CSPLPQ0U2SES&qid=1571300438&sprefix=obd2+%2Caps%2C244&ref=sr_st_price-asc-rank

https://www.autoblog.com/2016/04/06/p0171-obd-ii-trouble-code-system-too-lean-bank-1/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAANUIsiUgU4tSEqGCXpe4OyO1Fg0o-m9qez5INQ441Wm1rZvOPO0OzsJpmoemgLiiQTLkoxlT9hbCDNeLX5gw2vxlcaJHyHKAeECy3RB82Mj6eF_HHJvh4RCsmy3-hxbj0sqpe2b2VB5jN6Cl9rqkDRM9Qlu5hVVNf-GDBX9iMISk

000083.jpg