Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Pop-Up trunk from Key fob

guss67

Hi, I just got an Auris MK2 2016 and wonder if there is any way to make the key fob to open the trunk rather than unlocking it and lifting it up by hand.
That configuration requires to replace the shock with another ones that has a small spring on the rod, so when unlocked by the hand will pop-up by it self. Just found some kits around for other vehicles not specifically for the particular Auris. I will do more research after clearing up the next query in case its possible.

So, i wonder if the trunk key from the fob is possible to change the function from unlocking the trunk to release the latch instead (practically do the same function as the button under the Toyota emblem) and the shock with the springs will do the pop-up work.

If you have any idea or another way to make it work, please do reply below. Thank you!

Hi and welcome, I don't think that's possible with original key fob, it needs another channel to operate a new actuator installed and connected to door latch.

All you can do is installing a new central locking module that have this function, trunk opening.

remote.jpg

On 10/17/2019 at 4:38 PM, tavy said:

Hi and welcome, I don't think that's possible with original key fob, it needs another channel to operate a new actuator installed and connected to door latch.

All you can do is installing a new central locking module that have this function, trunk opening.

Thank you for your reply.
I suppose installing another central locking module i will need to carry the extra key fob.
Also is there any recommendation which central locking module to look for?

I modified my valet key, ordinary one with no buttons into a flip one, adding an alarm system to my car, few years ago.

Flip Key

Let me throw this in. I have had to knock at my neighbours to tell them that the boot of their BMW is open! That means the key has been activated accidently without the owners knowing!

This function can be seen as a convenience, may be a bit lazy by using one action, instead of unlocking then opening the boot/tailgate. I also see the boot/tailgate release button as almost pointless!
I rather Toyota had implemented windows closing function when locking, than one action boot open, but each to their own. 

the silver remote has a cover that slides up to hide the buttons so accidental presses wont happen

1 hour ago, Konrad C said:

This function can be seen as a convenience, may be a bit lazy by using one action, instead of unlocking then opening the boot/tailgate. I also see the boot/tailgate release button as almost pointless!
I rather Toyota had implemented windows closing function when locking, than one action boot open, but each to their own. 

depending on your point of  view, a window close on locking feature may be deemed as being lazy

ultimately most modern cars are making you lazy as they have so many convienience functions as std

auto head light, auto wipers , voice activation, keyless entry, keyless start, welcome lights as you approach your car to name a few.

in my car the drivers seat automatically moves backward and the steering wheel moves up & away just to make it

easier for you to get in and out of the car.

• Like 1

My car makes me a bacon sandwich on my way to work.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 10/20/2019 at 12:37 PM, Konrad C said:

Let me throw this in. I have had to knock at my neighbours to tell them that the boot of their BMW is open! That means the key has been activated accidently without the owners knowing!

Well, i owned e Mercedes that did "open" the trunk by the key fob and it was really practical for many situations, also never had any issue as your neighbor you said. (to open the trunk the button should be hold 2-3 seconds, not just a simple press)

Now, for the Auris the trunk button on the key fob will just "unlock" it, then open it by hand on the tailgate and when you close it you have to "lock" it back from the key fob. I would use the button to "unlock the whole car" instead of having that extra nonsense trunk button.. At least should release the trunk for just once and after been closed should stay locked rather needs to "lock the whole car" again.

Also, for the windows as you said, i was expecting that to work as i hold the lock button to close the windows and as i hold unlock to open the windows as many other manufactures do.

PS. I'm curious, this is how Toyota's do work with that locking control system or is it just mine?

• 1 year later...

Hey… this is toyota you're talking… I bought new auris…. And guess what… regretting it… you get more for your money in skoda…. Toyota is light years behind in car specs. 

5 hours ago, Gkat said:

Hey… this is toyota you're talking… I bought new auris…. And guess what… regretting it… you get more for your money in skoda…. Toyota is light years behind in car specs. 

VW group are not really known for reliability, build quality or dealer provided service. Thank your lucky star that you bought a Toyota.