Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen mist/condensation

Cbatoday

I have noticed the inside of the windscreen mists up quite often on my new corolla 

I put this solely down to condensation but on reading about the issue on most new cars its seems to be increased from a mist of oil like substance that is given off by the plastics off gassing when the dash and surrounding plastics become hot

Once this oil like substance attaches to the screen it makes condensation a lot easier to adhere to the screen also

Anyone else found the oil like substance appeaing on their screens

Apparently dash mats are a good way to cure this and also cut down on the reflections that the dash produces on the screen

Does using the air con not help to clear the screen, and keep it clear.

Yes it does remove the condensation but not the oil like substance which the condensation finds easy to adhere to

My get some isopropyl and try using that to remove the film

• Like 1

I had no idea about this I did notice it mists up quite a bit and my old car didnt use to fog up when it was parked up over night. I will clean the windows inside and hopefully it resolves the issue.

• 2 years later...

My windshield still mists up after 7 years now.  Over the years, I've had trouble finding something good to clean it off but I found ArmorAll Glass wipes last year that seems to do a decent job of it.  

I found Best way to clean the windscreen is after you have already used any cleaners of your choice give it a final clean with watery wet synthetic chamois and dry with clean microfibre cloth, do not over done. Let it dry and in winter time use air flow towards windscreen to blow any moisture, oil and dirty attaches to the windows. Best all that work to be done on cloudy day or away from direct sunlight. The hotter the weather is the wetter the chamois should be to let water to clean the surface to prevent possible smear 👍

Yes I need to clean mine. I've noticed it's prone to misting up and I believe a lot of that is down to interior dirt. I know it hasn't been cleaned before because I can see suction cup marks when it mists up. At least the dealer did clean the outside of the car before delivering it, although they were a bit sloppy with the wax lol.

Yeah

theres a lot of talk on many forums about this issue

apparently giving the inside of the windscreen a good clean regularly take scare of the issue

Outgassing from the plastics and vinyl used inside of cars and the subsequent film on interior glass has been an issue and known about for years.

get your vents set up, never had misted windows in donkeys years.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Outgassing from the plastics and vinyl used inside of cars and the subsequent film on interior glass has been an issue and known about for years.

Ahh that new car smell! :laugh: 

8 minutes ago, twintopp said:

get your vents set up, never had misted windows in donkeys years.

+1 👍