Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How to remove this part

adi76

How to remove this part from Toyota Yaris III gen. from 2013 year ?

I have to make some changes to the gear changing mechanizm.

image.thumb.png.8394f0f8e7baa5de3738cee8b42fad6e.png

The trim around the gaiter should pop off with a trim tool once released you should be able to pop the console up and backwards once you remove the 1 bolt in the rear cup holder

console.pdf

• Like 1

What is it that you try to change in the gearing mechanism?

5 minutes ago, Shavestick said:
1 hour ago, adi76 said:

What is it that you try to change in the gearing mechanism?

I have problems with changing to 1st and 2nd gear. The rest works just fine. I heard that you can make some adjustments near the changing gear mechanizm. 

Maybe someone has a solution for this problem ? I would be grateful.

i would check the gearbox end first as the bushes wear out before anything else - i take it you have checked the gearbox oil level and/or changed it

14 minutes ago, flash22 said:

i would check the gearbox end first as the bushes wear out before anything else - i take it you have checked the gearbox oil level and/or changed it

I got this car a few days. It has just 22.000 km so I think gearbox oil should be fine. Anyway, how can I check this oil level ? I'm thinking about the level of wear of the bushes. Where it is placed ?

For that little km, i would not bother checking the oil (you need to get under the car and unscrew a bolt to check).

Is the problem there in cold, and also with car off? Gears are notchy, or what? Works fine when warm?

30 minutes ago, furtula said:

For that little km, i would not bother checking the oil (you need to get under the car and unscrew a bolt to check).

Is the problem there in cold, and also with car off? Gears are notchy, or what? Works fine when warm?

As I said before, I have this car just for a few days now, so I think I have to drive for a few days more to know him better. Anyway - thanks for advices. 

ps. Is there (on the web) available to download service manual for my model. 

1 minute ago, adi76 said:

As I said before, I have this car just for a few days now, so I think I have to drive for a few days more to know him better. Anyway - thanks for advices. 

ps. Is there (on the web) available to download service manual for my model. 

There is paid access on toyota-tech.eu, for example 3 euros for 1 hour access, but you can print/save files, well worth the money.

There are no "pirated" manuals for that year, as far as i know..

I advise buying Toyota techstream cable, you get full Toyota diagnostics for only 10 euros or so.

As far as gearbox goes, if it's a bit notchy, it's fine, cold weather does that to some cars.

Google gsic 😉 enough said, i have seen new cars with low or no gearbox oil, because its low miles means nothing

This may sound silly but check that you don't have any secondary mats under the clutch pedal, ie the pedal can go all the way down when pushed. Had to cut a section out under the pedal of my wifes mat, this cured the crunchy change.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links