Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RAV4 2019 - opening windows with keyfob?

Scottydog007

Now there is an option to open the windows from a distance with the keyfob. Also close them as well. For some stupid reason you have to ask for this option to be programmed by your dealer. Now I know we do not have the weather now to use or need this option, but in the summer or abroad in Europe I would use this a lot, and loved it on my Landrover Freelander.

Has anyone ever got their dealer to upload this option on yet? When ever I ask my dealer about anything I always get negative responses. “Can I have a spare tyre or space-saver for my car” - “No”. “Can my lights be wrongly set to start with” “No, they are automatically adjusted”.

So even though the UK handbook stated there is an ‘option to have keyfob open and closing windows, see dealer’, when I asked my dealer, he was negative and said only US models have this option, when I push more always their last comment it, we will speak to Toyota. And I never hear anything again.

I’m getting fed up with my dealer, I do have options to use a dealer near to where I work. I will ask him about this keyfob program, if he can get it to work then he will get all my servicing.

I had it enabled on my 2019 Corolla with no problem.
If it states it can be enabled in the manual you have for your car which is all UK then you should probably call a different dealer to sanity check whether your dealer is giving you bullsh..
If you do that don't even give them any back story with your experience just flat ask the servicing team if it can be done :-)

Hi,yes it can be done, also the headlight can be adjusted and will probably need adjusting, many on this forum have both done. Your dealer is full of bullsh, I’d go else where if I’d got that attitude. Good luck mate. 

Had this set by my dealer before I picked mine up. They had to go away and research before confirming they could do it.

I asked my dealer to do this before delivery too, and although they said they weren't aware of the option and no one had asked before, they worked out how to do it no problem.

It was great on the hot summer days we had to be able to open all the windows as soon as I was in range so that the worst of  the heat had gone when I got to the car.

As Peter said, you can close them too, and if you have the panoramic roof it will open/close that at the same time.  Closing should be less necessary unless you've deliberately left something open, as when you open a door if a window is even open such a tiny amount you can't see it you get an audible warning and message on the dash. 

2 hours ago, Buff69 said:

What else are you having done MrBee

I'm getting the headlight alignment checked too. It was mentioned in another thread in the forum that a few have had issues with this. 

Very helpful advice on this forum 😎

• Like 1

Yes it is, it’s very helpful and friendly here I’ve learnt lots, I’m considering on paying a yearly subscription  

• Like 1

I didn’t have to ask them to do it. I read on here it was a possibility so I tried it and it worked!  Maybe try it before contacting dealer. 

8 hours ago, Adrian Lavery said:

I didn’t have to ask them to do it. I read on here it was a possibility so I tried it and it worked!  Maybe try it before contacting dealer. 

Then your dealer already programmed the fob for you without you asking. Factory setting is to have it not active. I believe the dealer needs to go into the diagnostics area under the steering wheel with their diagnostics kit. So it is not straight forward.

Maybe the dealer's on the ball and having been asked before or read about it they decided to do it as a matter of course during the PDI, or possibly even it was incorrectly set in the factory during testing or setting up, although I'd have expected that to be fairly automated.