Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota iQ Heater/AC Control Panel Unit Not Working

Tobash10

Hello,

Could anyone tell me if they've experienced problems with their Heater/AC control panel unit? Mine has stopped working completely! No heating or windscreen de-mister front/rear, which at this time of year is very problematic. This whole scenario started in back in August, when I paid Kwik-Fit to carry out a re-gas and de-bug on the vehicle. The frustrating thing is, my control panel unit was working normally, ( apart from the A/C ) it stopped working when a member of staff took the control panel out of the dash, ( in order to find the serial number which was located on the back ) as Kwik-Fit told me I needed to buy a new control panel unit. 

Fast forward, I took my car to Toyota Main dealership this week, for them to carry out some investigation work. Toyota told me that in order to get the Heater/AC control panel unit working, they need to replace something called an ‘Amplifier Assembly' part no. 88650-74031 which is going to cost over £700.00 ( part / labour + VAT ).  They didn’t charge me for labour, so I'm wondering how much investigation work they actually did. 

Has anyone tried to replace an Amplifier Assy Air Conditioner,  themselves? Is it very difficult? 

Any helpful advise would be very gratefully received.

Thank you.

You would need to take out part of the dashboard, but apart from that, it does not look that hard to replace.

You can go to japan-parts.eu and enter your car VIN number, and the part number, to get the part location. You can also inquiry for the part price, if you want to buy it new.

I found a used one on eBay using the part number, and i think 60 GBP is decent price for an original part. When buying replacement part, pay attention that the part has the exact same part number.

image.thumb.png.437bf5bc0b5c50e53533150e4e378be8.png

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links