Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Yaris GR-Sport

AL21784

Hi all, 

So after ordering this over 6 months ago, my new car was finally delivered on Friday.

I love it!!!

The seats are so comfy, the CVT is great, I’m already starting to get half decent MPG from it, it’s very nippy round town and perfectly planted on the motorway.

With it having sports suspension, I was a little apprehensive on how the ride would be, especially round town. I drove over 130 miles yesterday and it settled down a lot, but it was still a little crashy. I checked the tyre pressures and all 4tyres were 33PSI, It should be 29 at the rear and 32 at the front. Since I’ve adjusted the pressures, It’s a lot smoother ride.

There are a few reviews of the GR-Sport online and on YouTube, and after driving one myself, I think they’re all wrong. It’s a brilliant car.

Alan 

284282FC-A898-4EAC-A433-7275178955FF.jpeg

F22C8B98-42AB-47D9-A9E8-86EB2345CA10.jpeg

B5D80460-9F79-471C-BBD6-C882222B7A46.jpeg

F19DAAA0-AE3B-42F1-BD5E-D59697C41390.jpeg

• Like 3

imho it should have been the 1.8 hybrid instead of the standard 100 bhp 1.5 its just doesn't seem that special, The GRMN/RS rear bumper would have set it off nicely

Just my 2 pence worth, Enjoy your new toy

On 10/20/2019 at 7:06 PM, flash22 said:

imho it should have been the 1.8 hybrid instead of the standard 100 bhp 1.5 its just doesn't seem that special, The GRMN/RS rear bumper would have set it off nicely

Just my 2 pence worth, Enjoy your new toy

I'm not sure if the 1.8 hybrid engine would fit, tbh. in all honesty, I drive through a city 90% of the time, so apart from the odd times 100BHP is perfect. 

On 10/21/2019 at 12:11 AM, Eddie G said:

Enjoy Alan, love mine more drive it more love it 👍

I love it, I really like the black interior, the chrome touches round the vents etc.

The handling is brilliant, the ride was very bumpy, however it got delivered with 33psi in each tyre, where it should be 29R and 32F, I've lowered the pressures and it's improved it massively!

Definitely glad I went to the GR, I'll be taking it to Japfest at Donnington next summer :)

Alan

The engine and gearbox will fit with a shoe horn - the grmn 1.8 with the supercharger fits no issue

even if they added 25 bhp to the GR-s it would make it a better choice as it is, Its just a styling package with a shiny Badge - if you wanted comfort the Excel is the better option

• Like 1