Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav4 Warning Sounds

greigster

Hi All,

I have only had my 2019 Rav4 for a couple of days and hope someone can help.

I am trying to set up the warning sounds for speed and speed cameras and after searching the web, I am stumped.

I have this screen showing the "greyed out" option for speed cameras that I am unable to select.

Any advice on what I am doing wrong? On my Auris, it gave me beeps before the speed cameras along with verbal warnings if I went over the speed limit, but I dont seem to have these options on the Rav4.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

IMG_20191022_124944.jpg

In the separate NAV+MM Manual on the page where it talks about speed limit displays it says "*: If RSA is not equipped." (Road Sign Assist).

The way I read the manuals, if  your car has RSA (even if not switched on) you lose the speed warnings on the SatNav (and I think all UK RAV4 models do have RSA).  What you get instead is a warning next to the speedometer in the main dash, with the following options:

image.thumb.png.12c0aabce4fce65cc3af195e98378d8d.png

It's not as comprehensive as the old SatNav warnings and "Display Only" means the speed limit sign by the speedo turns red.  You can choose the margin allowance, and you can turn on the "buzzer" if desired.  As far as I can see, that's all there is.

Thanks Pete, fellow Nofolkonian.

I don`t think I would ever have found those settings without your help.

I just wish it had verbal warnings like the Auris.  

I’m currently on holiday in Iceland and have a new RAV4 as a hire car , must say I am liking it especially the heated steering wheel , full leather but strange only manual control seats not electric .

Possible yes, very nice mind .

On 10/22/2019 at 11:24 PM, Grumpy stumpy said:

I’m currently on holiday in Iceland and have a new RAV4 as a hire car , must say I am liking it especially the heated steering wheel , full leather but strange only manual control seats not electric .

Does it have the camera-based rear view mirror like some US and German models (and possibly lots of other countries, but sadly, not UK!)

No rear view camera came on the sat nav/audio screen . It had full leather seats, heated steering wheel , sat nav but was surprised it had manual adjustment on the seats and not electric. AWD petrol not hybrid.

I meant the rear view mirror on the top of the windscreen - in some markets there's a lever like the one to dim the mirror, but it switched between a normal reflective mirror, and a view from a camera at the to centre of the rear screen.

From what you say, I doubt your hire car has it, but you never know.

ps how do you find the petrol version?  Is it the 8-speed auto?

Yeah I thought you meant that mirror, I didn’t notice anything on that, like I said the camera came onto the sat nav screen once reverse selected. I thought it had plenty of pulling power and was really smooth , it was the auto. Found it hard to judge the width of it which didn’t help driving on the other side of the road. I liked the quality of materials inside.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Having just purchased a 2019 Rav4 Excel AWD I am quite interested in the speed warning which comes via Driver Assist.

However, it reads the speed in kph despite the settings being in mph, so it tells me that I'm speeding at 20 mph (=30kph) and 30mph (=40kph) approx.

Is this a know fault? Can it be altered? Does it need Toyota Dealer attention please?

Thanks