Do Not Sell My Personal Information

clutch and brake fluid capacity for carina e

colhgv64

I'm about to bleed the above, and thought it would be very useful to know the capacities of both, as you are not just bleeding the whole lot out til empty and then filling it up again. eg. if you had a new 500ml bottle of DOT 4 fluid and you knew that the capacity is 500ml, then you know once the bottle is empty, you have emptied and replaced the whole lot. I've got a manual but no mention of it in there. Shows capacities for just about everything except brake and clutch fluid.!

You can't really look at it like that, especially if you pump it manually using the brake. Maybe with an vacuum pump it would be different story.

I would even run an extra bottle just to be sure that the old oil is out, as it tends to absorb moisture from the atmosphere, so it would be beneficial to get it all out.

If you just try to put the exact amount, you will end up on one wheel going let's say 150% of the amount it would need, but the other 50%, and so on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

+1 on 'pull/vacuum pump' drawing through fluid.....

Watch the colour change at each wheel and you know every inch of pipe is renewed.

2sav

I wouldn't about the hygroscopic effect on the fluids, as neither the clutch or braking system will ever got hot enough in normal use for an effect to be noticed.

Just bleed the fluid out until you see the new, clean fluid running into your bleed bottle.

• Thanks 1