Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Timing Chain Cover Gasket.....

tarantula_123

Am going to attempt replacing the two timing chain cover gaskets and tensioner o-ring myself in a couple of weeks when i'm off work but am finding it tricky getting a complete idea of whats involved in the process and hope somebody on here has done it before or knows of whats involved, or has a detailed thread I have not came across yet.

From what I've read so far, the rocker cover, water pump, o/s wheel arch liner all need to come off, along with all connected belts and pulleys. Is this all for dismantling parts, and are there any special tools needed? The only thing i'm concerned of is how difficult of a task this could be within 4 days, and could it be done on axle stands without the engine being removed? Also, is there anything tricky involved in the tensioner o-ring replacement?

Other than mentioned above, I have another water pump, silicone coolant hose kit, front crank seal and will more than likely be getting a modified 1zz oil pan for a straight fit swap. Anything else recommended to be replaced? How common is it for the oil pumps to go on T - Sports as i'm considering this. The engine has done around 105k.

Thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links