Do Not Sell My Personal Information

“MPG since start”

Graham47

I’m trying to understand what this means.

At the end of a journey if the display shows, says, 60 mpg does this reflect the actual avg. mpg. since the start of the journey OR is it some sort of indication of mpg just for the last short segment of the journey ?

I think it's probably the same as other Hybrids, which is since you last started the car.

MPG for that journey, I've got it on my hybrid and it's a nice little feature

Alan

Same here on the GRMN, it's exactly as it says, since you last started the vehicle.

9 hours ago, AL21784 said:

MPG for that journey, I've got it on my hybrid and it's a nice little feature

Alan

1 hour ago, martswain said:

Same here on the GRMN, it's exactly as it says, since you last started the vehicle.

Yes, I understand the “since started” BUT it’s ’ what’ I’m interested in...

is it ..

1.  the avg mpg over the whole journey or

2.  some form of ‘snapshot’ of a mpg figure for the last ‘some’ distance 

?

Average MPG from last time you started the car until you stop it, as simple as that.

Same with "Since Refuel" which is even more obvious or "Since Reset", the last time you pushed the reset button.

Don't over-think it !

• Like 2

A neighbour claimed their MB C class did 50 MPG.Subsequently turned out they only reset the consumption when they'd re-fuelled and were cruising.

I pointed out I reset mine every time immediately after I'd re-fuelled, for a true figure. They weren't very pleased to get a true figure, especially when I pointed out I could get a recorded 100 MPG when going down a long hill.

11 hours ago, Graham47 said:

Yes, I understand the “since started” BUT it’s ’ what’ I’m interested in...

is it ..

1.  the avg mpg over the whole journey or

2.  some form of ‘snapshot’ of a mpg figure for the last ‘some’ distance 

Yes, you are overthinking. It’s as logical as - since you last pressed the start button to move, until you press the start button at end of journey. What ever miles you travelled in that period and the fuel used, you get the mpg figure. Obviously the more miles you do without touching the start button the more accurate the mpg will be.

A wonderful feature in the Gen4 Prius (from 2016) is the can read the mpg for a whole day (midnight to midnight). Yes, there is a journey mpg which has easy access to read (can be on display all the time). However, if I do more then one journey in the 24 hr day, I can read the mpg for the whole of that day. That means when I go on along journey and, for example, take a couple of comfort breaks, or stop to see an old aunt whilst I am passing through an area, I still get to see the mpg for that whole day. The in-car display actually shows the date and mpg fro that date, and goes back at leas 14 days (can’t remember exactly). I still get the mpg for every mile travelled since I last reset the trip button, which I try to not touch for as long as possible.  The in-car display in my Prius also tells me what %age of car journey I been running on EV Battery. During the summer some journeys have been over 70% running on EV, and corresponding mpg Around high 70’s/low 80’s, even a low 90’s for a journey from Gloucester to home near Chester at the end of June this year screen shots previously been posted on this forum).

What area of Cheshire are you?

Thanks, that clears things up for me.

I’ve not touched “reset” since I bought the car which means I can see a figure, so far, over my ownership and see variations for winter/summer.  “Since refuel” allows me to see variations as journey lengths change.

I’m in Halton, N. Cheshire (although increasingly S. Merseyside!)

Halton, OK, just down the road from me, just outside Helsby.

11 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Halton, OK, just down the road from me, just outside Helsby.

"Waves to both from Kelsall" 👋  👋