Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav4 eStore

Rob88

Has anyone got the eStore app working on their car?  Mine just loads for ~30s then stops. Wi-fi all set up and working, getting traffic updates etc. Toyota log in details all stored. 

I went to the dealer who did a software update and registered some additional details so now the MyT app works on my phone, so I get driving details etc, but the eStore app still does nothing. 

The car is booked back in to Toyota in a couple of weeks time but I thought I’d see if anyone had any experience.

Additionally, since the software update, the car won’t store Wi-fi connection details, so I have to go to settings-Wi-fi-available connections then put in Wi-fi password each time. The old software saved it and auto-connected each time my iphones Personal Hotspot was turned on. 

Rob, not sure about the later point but my eStore works when I connect to it, the issue is there is nothing in it, ie no apps, as far as I am aware only the 2019 satnav update exists although some one may perhaps prove me wrong 

Thanks. 

I did think it will be something I will click once go ‘oh, that’s a thing’ then never press it again for the next 4 years. But, as it’s there, I thought I’d get Toyota on the case. 

Yes that baffles me too. Let us know if you find a way of getting something ( anything! ) actually useful.

I got the 2019 NAV update via eStore but it took several hours to download to a flash drive. I can't imagine it is practical to update directly through eStore to the car. I was expecting to get some basic apps such as Spotify but as others have noted, there are none.

• 3 months later...

Stone else tried this successfully yet? I have estore installed, but when I click on it I just get version information and confirmation it is installed. I don’t get offered any apps at all. My t is working (getting drive information) and traffic and poi downloads work. My Toyota London is also fine, just no apps. 

I’ve been to my dealer twice for this. They ended up putting a proper technical question thing back to Toyota and apparently it is a known issue with the eStore in car app system, not with the car, so it affects all cars.  

im happy enough with that for now. Just as long as it’s not something wrong with just my car

Does seem a massive waste of effort to build the estore system but no apps!

I had a courtesy car recently, a new Corolla and it had more or less the same media system so there must a a lot of vehicles out there that would benefit.

From what I've managed to glean from conversation with guys in the Technical dept Toyota were working on their own Smart phone integration called SmartDeviceLink see Here to offer rather than Apple Carplay / Android auto, Estore was to be the method by which the apps were installed and the car communicated back to Toyota, this was all because Toyota where uneasy in handing over details, analytics etc from the largest motor manufacturer in the world to Google/Apple potential competitors these issues appear to have been overcome and Carplay/AA is now being introduced so Apps will be provided via these platforms, however the car still needs the Estore software to integrate with MyT 

Yes E-store seems completely without purpose for me. I assumed it was because it only works with a mobile phone and mine is not data enabled. I do have internet functionality when connected to my home wi-fi but E-store offers nothing even then.

• 5 months later...

There are NO apps available yet for 2019 Toyota RAV4 owners, yet. E-store has nothing. 2020 RAV4 owners already have Apple car play and android in US and parts of Europe built in. 

The e-store contains the apps for Weather, Traffic, Speed Cameras, Car Parks and Fuel Prices.  The reason why you don't see anything is because these are now integrated straight into the sat nav to save you having to come out of the map to find them.  Toyota have found a very complicated way of doing it!