Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vitz/Yaris 1.0 performance increase

DavidMelite

I have bought a 2011 1.0 Vitz (Japan's Yaris version). Is there a way to increase performance of the engine and with it fuel efficiency? Thanks

Not really, exhaust and a remap but at the end of the day its 1.0, 3 cylinder eco engine so not worth putting the money into it

• Like 1

16 hours ago, flash22 said:

Not really, exhaust and a remap but at the end of the day its 1.0, 3 cylinder eco engine so not worth putting the money into it

Thanks. So the engine can't handle more Hp? What about adding a turbo into it?

It depends on how deep your pockets are, anything is possible - you will better off getting a 1.3 for the same power

1 hour ago, DavidMelite said:

Thanks. So the engine can't handle more Hp? What about adding a turbo into it?

What are your mechanical skills?

None but I have a friend who can do it for me. What I fear about adding a turbo would that it could damage the engine or make it use more fuel, thus make it less efficient. 

I think your concerns are well founded.

I tried also contacting those who do engine tunings. Their replies were it is not worth it as there is little performance from the engine.

Whether tuning boxes are available for your car, they can cost a lot of money or just over £100 which fit easily. They can increase performance and make the mpg better, but usually you can’t have both ie get better performance but less mpg or better mpg if you don’t use the extra performance.

But are those tuning boxes true? I read that a lot of them are fraud. Better performance and mpg together would be a dream come true.

Yes they do work, but can only fit them to engines WITH electronic turbo controls. From a performance point of view why buy a 1.0 engine? Why not buy a larger engined turbo car? You would be wasting money trying to up the power on a 1.0 car

• Like 1

Well I did find some old diesel toyota engines, the 1NT 1.5 diesel turbo with a gearbox for example. But don't know if can match with the vitz or have to change other things with it which can be pretty expensive in the end.

2 hours ago, Catlover said:

Whether tuning boxes are available for your car, they can cost a lot of money or just over £100 which fit easily. They can increase performance and make the mpg better, but usually you can’t have both ie get better performance but less mpg or better mpg if you don’t use the extra performance.

pmsl they are mainly a placebo to scam people out of money - the only real way to do is with a piggyback ecu or a remap what i doubt anyone has done, costing 400+ for a remap or upwards of 1000 euros for a piggyback

turbo wise your looking at 2000 euros to do it properly that's without ecu remap/standalone ecu then you would only be able to push 5-6 psi at most without putting 6-7000 euros into building an engine

You get what you pay for

Putting a supercharger on the 1KR-FE seems an option as found on many an aygo, 108 or c1 but you're looking at big money to get 130-140 bhp at most

You should've bought a 1.3 or 1.5 theres next to non aftermarket for these engines.

There are items about it  depends on how deep your pockets are hks list intakes and exhausts, there is a factory turbo 1kr-vet what can be found in a daihatsu or 3

have a look at the iq and aygo builds

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links