Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019v2 Maps Available

GilesC

Just logged onto mytoyota, to find 2019v2 maps available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good timing, was plannign to upgrade to 2019v1 over the weekend. This saved me some time.

2 hours ago, SponsorUK said:

Good timing, was plannign to upgrade to 2019v1 over the weekend. This saved me some time.

Yup. About an hour, lol.

I just need to remind my self how to download the files once it's "purchased" [emoji23]

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bewA said:

I just need to remind my self how to download the files once it's "purchased" emoji23.png

And we mustn't forget to get our invoice for the VAT we're going to pay on £0.00. Gotta keep our tax records up to date.

🙂

• Like 1

I will be updating my maps for the first time with this. For those of you who have been through the process already...Can you update the maps whilst driving? I dont really want to be sat in the car for an hour potentially idling whilst parked. So I wonder if I am doing a journey it can be done then?

19 minutes ago, Chattacks said:

I will be updating my maps for the first time with this. For those of you who have been through the process already...Can you update the maps whilst driving? I dont really want to be sat in the car for an hour potentially idling whilst parked. So I wonder if I am doing a journey it can be done then?

Yes. That's exactly what I did - went for an evening drive around the area. You'll notice that the clock will be frozen until the update completes.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AndrueC said:

Yes. That's exactly what I did - went for an evening drive around the area. You'll notice that the clock will be frozen until the update completes.

Wonderful, thank you for the information. I will do my update on my next trip : )

Well I've 'purchased' my update. Once again I find myself impressed by the sheer ineptitude of whoever designed Toyota's eStore (not to mention whoever thought that was a sensible place to put map updates). Although I appear to have avoided having to review the tax summary so it's getting better.

😏

Oh no, the purchase invoice comes by email.

"2019 v2 Map Update 1 0.0 0.0
SubTotal GBP 0.00 VAT(20.0%) GBP 0.00 TOTAL GBP 0.0"

Let's just hope the government doesn't raise the rate of VAT again, eh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I've 'purchased' my update. Once again I find myself impressed by the sheer ineptitude of whoever designed Toyota's eStore (not to mention whoever thought that was a sensible place to put map updates). Although I appear to have avoided having to review the tax summary so it's getting better.
[emoji57]
Do you remember how you get to download the files?

Just now, bewA said:
7 minutes ago, AndrueC said:
emoji57.png

Do you remember how you get to download the files?

View your purchases (should be the default page after you have 'bought' the update). The top one should be your update, showing as 'active'.

I dunno - they try and make it easy for people..

😋

• Like 1

Done. This update might include other infotainment updates because although my clock didn't freeze this time the bluetooth connection dropped out for the last twenty minutes. It wasn't just a blip either because I pulled over and tried to re-initiate but it wasn't having it. Came straight back when the unit rebooted.

1 hour ago, bewA said:

I wonder if the map orientation bug is fixed then?

Hard to say. After rebooting mine was in 3D mode but as usual it won't zoom in so I switched it back to 2D heading.

Updated the maps today will see if much has changed over the coming weeks.

Wonder if the android auto and Apple play will be updated the same way

Hope so and hope it happens soon. Only thing that annoys me about the car

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cbatoday said:

Updated the maps today will see if much has changed over the coming weeks.

Wonder if the android auto and apple play will be updated the same way

Hope so and hope it happens soon. Only thing that annoys me about the car

Totally agree... for me once Android Auto becomes available I have the perfect car!

• Like 1

If you have Sat Nav I'm still struggling to understand why you need Android Auto? What is it you're trying to do that isn't currently supported?

20 minutes ago, AndrueC said:

If you have Sat Nav I'm still struggling to understand why you need Android Auto? What is it you're trying to do that isn't currently supported?

This explains it well

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/android-auto

I'm well aware of what Android Auto is. I've developed applications with it in mind. Those without Sat nav have value in being able to project navigation software onto the screen but given that this thread is for those of us that have built-in sat nav I fail to see any added value in it and am wondering what benefit people are expecting to get from Android Auto.

I'm well aware of what Android Auto is. I've developed applications with it in mind. Those without Sat nav have value in being able to project navigation software onto the screen but given that this thread is for those of us that have built-in sat nav I fail to see any added value in it and am wondering what benefit people are expecting to get from Android Auto.
I suspect more up to date data plus everything else that comes with Google maps (within this context).
Google maps is likely to be a lot more up to date than anything a car manufacturer would provide although this isn't limited to Android Auto but Apple Carplay as well.

I also want to be able to say play ..... song and it plays it without having to change album etc on my phone

I do use android Auto in the car but on my phone with bluetooth which does work fine (replying to messages mostly for me), I'd just prefer it on the main screen.

16 hours ago, bewA said:

I suspect more up to date data plus everything else that comes with Google maps (within this context).
Google maps is likely to be a lot more up to date than anything a car manufacturer would provide although this isn't limited to Android Auto but Apple Carplay as well.

Yes, this. I have the built-in sat nav, and it's not bad - the screen map detail is a bit poor, but the on-dash turn by turn display is quite good. But google maps or waze will be much more up to date, especially as regards to congestion.

Google maps has very good traffic info too (or it did last time I used it).

The best traffic data I've found though is on my TomTom, which downloads rich data via the mobile phone network (without linking to a phone) every 2 minutes.  OK, it's not 100%, but very close.  It's the first system I trust enough to set it to automatically choose my route without asking.  The other reason I like it is free quarterly map updates that are child's play to update.

The built-in system is not brilliant using the basic RDS radio TMC data, better if using data from the Internet by linking it to a mobile phone, but still isn't as good as the TomTom device, even though some have said the Internet data is supplied by TomTom.  Also, the built-in system doesn't allow multi-stop journeys to be saved for future use, something I've found useful for over 17 years of SatNav use!

• Like 1