Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019v2 Maps Available

GilesC

Well I just had a loom at "MyToyota" to see what getting the update involved. And we have "Fixing the FUD" to deal with before we even start! Wonderful.  

Well, I printed out the instructions to set First Use Date - which it appears I have to set before I can download the map updates - and what do you know, the screens shown in the instructions don't look anything like the screens in my car! Quelle surprise 🙄

So, can someone please tell me how to set the FUD in the new Corolla?

TIA.

ETA - resolved this. I took a photo of the screen when I registered my MM, and under the MM ID was the Request Code that's needed to set the FUD online.  

I also finally got MyToyota online in the car - and in this under map update there is the MM ID and Request Code too. I guess if I'd done that first the Request Code would have been uploaded and I'd never have know about FUD 🙂

Has anyone who has done the update noticed any improvements or problems?

USB music became problematic after one update a couple of years ago, and it would be nice if the qwerty keyboard for postcode and address entry had numerals on the same screen like older versions and that the map orientation didn't keep revering to North up every other time one starts the car...

3 hours ago, PeteB said:

USB music became problematic after one update a couple of years ago, and it would be nice if the qwerty keyboard for postcode and address entry had numerals on the same screen like older versions and that the map orientation didn't keep revering to North up every other time one starts the car...

According to Toyota Finland, there is also update for MM17 multimedia device. To get this update, you have to contact your local dealer...

This update should help with map orientation etc....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PeteB said:

The newer MM17 Systems separate maps and software so the Map update is just that Maps only.

If you press setup > General > Scroll down > Software update. You will see headings:

Audio - This is the display/audio software version - Currently the only update available is for Rav with Denso Ten type headunit ( model ID DCU 17######-C#### ) software version 1215

Bad voice quality on Hands Free talk. The far end party cannot hear well and asks again and again to repeat. Symptoms: A-word cutting, B-Muffled audio, C-low volume.

This is due to a double Noise cancelling phenomenon by combined noise cancelling in Microphone and in DCU.

SW version 1215 and higher (future) versions of this SW include the C/M to this phenomenon.

Navigation - This is the Navigation ( MEU Media extension unit ) latest software version is 1530 for all models

• MEU Software release version 1530:

• llogical traffic information (showing 4.5 million km on right side bar)

• Map in map screen changes to 2D North from another orientation after IG cycle.

• Missing fix speed cams in Austria.

• Map appears wrongly displayed due to map rendering algorithm.

• RDS paying TMC not available.

• Emergency incident pop-ups appearing when incident does not happen on current road.

• 12-V Battery flat due to MEU not getting into sleep mode after short IG ON-OFF cycle.

• MEU Software release version 1520:

• Wrong navigation guidance speech in Hungarian: translation of word "street" said twice by the navigation unit.

• Wrong side of navigation traffic information for left-hand traffic countries.

• Not enough

• When using voice recognition to input an address, it does not recognise voice input. Due to error related to sampling frequency mismatch.

• When using map, it appears loading endlessly.

• Navigation cursor turning more or less than vehicle due to gyroscope wrong calibration.

• MEU Software release version 1512

• After ignition on the map view is not displayed and the driver will see a black screen. The functions of the DCU remain fully functional.

Navdb_Version This is the Map version the latest being 2019v2

At present only the map software is available to consumers for update the Audio & Navigation software is only via a dealer, customers getting the latest CHR, Rav & Corolla with MM19 should be getting updates OTA, until Toyota tell us what can be done to cars with MM17 we don't know if they will get all the features of MM19 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/27/2019 at 6:16 PM, AndrueC said:

I'm well aware of what Android Auto is. I've developed applications with it in mind. Those without Sat nav have value in being able to project navigation software onto the screen but given that this thread is for those of us that have built-in sat nav I fail to see any added value in it and am wondering what benefit people are expecting to get from Android Auto.

I have mentioned many times before for me personally the entire Toyota media system is crap. Its slow to respond, hard to navigate and doesnt look nice. I have used the satnav once, and still use Waze on my phone every time. I want android auto to get waze on the nav screen. You may be happy with the Toyota system, I'm not. Coming from BWM's iDrive again the Toyota system is terrible for me. Other benefits of Android auto is not having to update the maps every 6 months and then paying for further updates after 3 years.

Some like Toyota's MM system whilst others want and need Android auto to be able to enjoy their cars to the full. No harm in that.

got my car booked in this Saturday to get the update applied to fix the map orientation.  Under warranty of course 🙂

Did you call them ans ask if it was available, or did they contact you?

Did you call them ans ask if it was available, or did they contact you?
I contacted them based on the information posted by Devon Aygo, not that I named names...
I just asked if there was an update available to fix the map orientation and they said yep :-)

Cool.  Not worth my while just for that atm, it's easy enough to select the orientation. If there's an update to include Apple Car Play then I'll get the map bug fixed at the same time (although if I get Car Play then I'll have the option of using Google, Waze or whatever lol), otherwise it can wait for the first service.

16 minutes ago, rafletcher said:

Cool. Not worth my while just for that atm, it's easy enough to select the orientation. If there's an update to include Apple Car Play then I'll get the map bug fixed at the same time (although if I get Car Play then I'll have the option of using Google, Waze or whatever lol), otherwise it can wait for the first service.

it is easy enough to do, it's just annoying that i have to keep doing it! 🙂

Bit stumped, I’ve downloaded the zip file and unpacked it, it makes a FCU folder with 4 ISO files inside, I’ve put them on a 32GB USB formatted fat32 but I can’t get the update to work, car reads the USB but doesn’t offer an update?

Thanks to the OP for mentioning this, though why it should take one thoughtful geezer on an internet forum to make owners aware is beyond me. Does anyone else find it a bit backward that Toyota don't appear to have any option to notify 'My Toyota' users when an update is available? (And that's even before I get started on the website usability issues in general...)

1 hour ago, RudedogUK said:

Bit stumped, I’ve downloaded the zip file and unpacked it, it makes a FCU folder with 4 ISO files inside, I’ve put them on a 32GB USB formatted fat32 but I can’t get the update to work, car reads the USB but doesn’t offer an update?

Small fact check. Did you download the zip file to PC, then unpack the zip file directly to the USB stick? IE you didn't unpack to PC first then copy to USB stick? I found you must unpack the zip on your PC directly to the stick, do not copy to the stick.

1 hour ago, RudedogUK said:

I'm not clear if you did this or not so I will just mention it... you need to copy the FCU folder plus the four files inside to the USB stick. I made the mistake of just copying the files  (from my PC) which doesn't work.

I don't think it matters how or where you unpack the zip, the key thing is to copy over the whole folder.

Yes, I'm sorry, my mistake, I was just copying the original enquiry without checking.

It is indeed a folder called FMU containing four .iso files.

It's not very impressive either. It still has both the mistakes that I'm aware of locally. Considering how much it costs when out of the initial free period I'd expect a far higher quality of information.

• Like 1

Mistakes in the map itself?  Or bugs in the navigation software?

1 hour ago, rafletcher said:

Mistakes in the map itself?  Or bugs in the navigation software?

Mistakes on the map. It doesn't know that the 30 mph zone here was extended to cover new housing over two years ago. More unacceptable it doesn't know that this road was blocked off to vehicular traffic over ten years ago. Tramway road appears to be it's preferred way of getting from North Banbury to South Banbury (which itself is pretty questionable) and anyone following their sat nav will be left high and dry at that point and if coming from the north looking at a pretty painful way back out to the A4260 which is where they should have been directed.

Ah yes. There’s a section of road about 300m from home that’s been 40mph for at least 20 years. Not correctly recognised.  

• Like 1

Toyota have now made an update list available see Here

Toyota have also just given dealers & customers the ability to update / improve map data Here

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

Toyota have now made an update list available see Here

Toyota have also just given dealers & customers the ability to update / improve map data Here

That’s good to see, but how would I ever have known if you, as an “insider”, hadn’t published it here?  Will the fact we can update map info be mentioned on MyToyota do you think?  

Interesting to see the map updates, also only a handful of map changes for 2019.1.

It was only rolled out to dealers yesterday inviting us/customers to start using it, if and how they might roll this out to customers is not mentioned yet.

• Like 1