Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019v2 Maps Available

GilesC

54 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

Toyota have now made an update list available see Here

Toyota have also just given dealers & customers the ability to update / improve map data Here

Well I've extended the 30 mph zone and converted a short section of Tramway Road to a pedestrian zone. Not the easiest software to use but I worked it out.

Likewise I've revised the local speed limit (although as it's posted at 40 I'm not sure what the road sign recognition was doing, if anything..) and added a "dirt road"comment to our local unadopted cut-through.

On 11/11/2019 at 2:22 PM, Velvet--Glove said:

Yes, I'm sorry, my mistake, I was just copying the original enquiry without checking.

It is indeed a folder called FMU containing four .iso files.

If you unpack the zip file on your PC directly to the USB stick as per the installation instructions, no need to worry about all this. It should install OK.

Hello, I'm new to this so wonder if any-one can advise. The car is a 69 plate Corolla 1.8 Excel

I've got the four files downloaded to a USB memory stick. Is it just a case of plugging this in to the car whilst it's parked or does the car have to be running or thirdly left with the ignition off but the auxiliaries switched on?

Looking at the size of the file I guess that it will take at least half an hour or more to download this amount of data to the car. If in the auxiliary condition will the car switch off before completely downloading due to any automatic Battery saving mode? What happens if the car is switched off part way through downloading? Does it screw up the navigation, have to start again or just carry on from where it was interrupted? If it's the latter can you just plug the USB stick in and leave it to do it's own thing eventually when the car is being used?

Sorry to be asking all these questions but it's my wife's car and if I screw it up she is not going to be pleased!

From other threads you need to keep the car running the whole time - which means going for a drive in reality. And it take about an hour.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Tott said:

Hello, I'm new to this so wonder if any-one can advise. The car is a 69 plate Corolla 1.8 Excel

I've got the four files downloaded to a USB memory stick. Is it just a case of plugging this in to the car whilst it's parked or does the car have to be running or thirdly left with the ignition off but the auxiliaries switched on?

Looking at the size of the file I guess that it will take at least half an hour or more to download this amount of data to the car. If in the auxiliary condition will the car switch off before completely downloading due to any automatic battery saving mode? What happens if the car is switched off part way through downloading? Does it screw up the navigation, have to start again or just carry on from where it was interrupted? If it's the latter can you just plug the USB stick in and leave it to do it's own thing eventually when the car is being used?

Sorry to be asking all these questions but it's my wife's car and if I screw it up she is not going to be pleased!

1. First of all you need the four files inside a folder called "FMU" on the USB stick for the update to work. The files alone won't work.

2. I don't believe Accessory mode will work.  You need to turn on the hybrid (brake pedal plus start button). You can leave the car in P (park) mode or take a drive, just keep the hybrid switched on. While "parked" the petrol engine may start up now and again but only for a short while to top up the Battery. I did mine in P mode on my driveway.

3. Plug in the USB. It should be quickly recognised. You will be asked to enter the registration code you were given when you downloaded the zip file so have that ready. The update process will then begin. I saw that some 21 "packages" needed to be processed. It was a slow process... took just over an hour. Don't switch off until the job is done.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Velvet--Glove said:

2. I don't believe Accessory mode will work...

That's right.  If you're in accessory mode it will switch off after 20 minutes with a message it's saving the 12V Battery.

It's more of a pain for a non-hybrid (unless done during a journey) as the engine will be running for the whole hour plus (mine took 1h 5m this time, the previous one was 1h 20m).

A Prius owner on one of the groups I subscribe to came a cropper with this 2 or 3 years ago, as after he restated the car the Multi Function Display wouldn't fire up and it wouldn't respond to the USB stick any more.  His dealer had to sort it out in the end.

I parked on a clifftop car park above a local beach when I did mine - quite relaxing listening to the waves.

Hmmm, now I have a problem.  I've got the download, but mislaid the code required when installing it.  So I went to download it again to get a new code. Guess what, I can't as I've "Already purchased this item".  Brilliant.   ☹️ Sio no map update for me for a year, until the first service - I can't be bothered with booking it in to the dealers for something as trivial as that. 

34 minutes ago, rafletcher said:

Hmmm, now I have a problem.  I've got the download, but mislaid the code required when installing it.  So I went to download it again to get a new code. Guess what, I can't as I've "Already purchased this item".  Brilliant.   ☹️ Sio no map update for me for a year, until the first service - I can't be bothered with booking it in to the dealers for something as trivial as that. 

Just go back to the estore and view your purchases. It'll be under 'Active'.

Ah, thank you. That worked - when I eventually worked out I'd been logged out (not that it tells you, it just keeps defaulting to the same screen 🙄) and logged in again 👍

1 hour ago, rafletcher said:

Ah, thank you. That worked - when I eventually worked out I'd been logged out (not that it tells you, it just keeps defaulting to the same screen 🙄) and logged in again 👍

It's a quality website, that one. Where 'rubbish and confusing' is a description of quality :)

• Like 1