Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2019 Camry Hybrid Driving Range

rekop

I have a new 2019 Camry hybrid.  The car has a 13 gallon fuel tank, and the car is averaging 46.5 mpg.  The readout on the display says the driving range is 494 miles.  Based on the miles per gallon and the fuel tank capacity, after a fill up the car should have a driving range of about 600 miles, not 494 miles.  The EPA estimate of driving range is 676 miles.   I don't expect to get the EPA estimate, but I don't understand why my readout says only 494 miles, when given the mileage I'm getting, it should read about 600 miles.  Is anyone else noticing a discrepancy with their hybrid?  My 2014 Camry hybrid displayed the correct driving range.  This new one seems way off.  I took it back to the dealer, and they just brushed me off and said those things are not perfect.

Toyota Owners Club is based in the UK. The Camry only went on sale June 2019 in the UK after an absence of approx 14 years. So feedback will be limited.

You may get more feedback from the US version of Toyota Owners Club - https://us.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rekop, 

I bought corolla hybrid 2019 in March. The total range then on a full tank was 633 miles. However, this started to substantially reduce over the next few months and now stands at 542 miles on a full tank. The car has run about 3150 miles in total and I always use the premium grade petrol. So this seems odd to me, that the range seems to dip over time. I am a bit concerned as well. Did you manage to get any info from the other forum? 

Hi, the range shown on the dash means almost nothing except very average calculated miles and depends how much petrol is in the tank. The different pumps in different petrol stations are set differently so some shuts off earlier some later and more fuel goes into the tank. Most important is the real fuel consumption that should be calculated brim to brim at the same garage column to avoid those inconsistencies. The range shown is the quantity of fuel in the tank , not the efficiency of the vehicle, or quality of the fuel,. it’s all about the garage pumps set up. 

Finally saw my first UK Camry on the road today!

Was on the M25 heading towards Dartford. 

• 1 month later...

Think you will find the tank is 50L on the U.K. hybrid - which is just under 11 gallons - so on an average of 46 your 494 won’t be a million miles away - I get similar readout on mine but had averaged 48 on true tank to tank figures not computer readout....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links