Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clock Setting - Help

rafletcher

I assumed that, by setting the clock to "Auto Adjust by GPS" I wouldn't need to do anything when the clocks changed, ie that the time would correct automatically via the GPS, that's how it worked on my Audi. It seems I was wrong.  Below is a photo of my clock display at 07:24 this morning...

48972965107_b539c9e9e2_c.jpgClock by Richard Fletcher, on Flickr

So, what am I doing wrong? Or is the car not a intellingent as I expected, and I have manually to turn DST on and off at clock change?

ETA: Whilst I'm here, what is the "Gracenote Database"??

Yeah it's pretty silly but we have to disable DST ourselves. My Honda Jazz was even more annoyingly daft. One of its clock settings was the timezone (I set mine to GMT/WET) and it was running Android (albeit an ancient version). So it had all the information it needed to sort DST itself. Setting the time off GPS is fine if you only operate in UTC (which I'm sure the head unit does much as all computers do) but both units could also have just used DAB. All it would take is a quick DAB check when the car is first started.

The car is one of the few timepieces I own that requires DST adjustments and in the 21st century there's no reason why any electronic timepiece should need to be changed other than penny pinching by the designers.

The 'Gracenote Database' attempts to find album artwork for music being played from a portable source (ie;not the radio). It does a pretty good job I find but hardly seems worth whatever license fee we're all paying for it. If you're playing from a portable source you can include your own artwork anyway. All my ripped tracks do.

Edit: Apparently Gracenote can do more than just serve up artwork but I've not seen any reference to the extra functionality in the Corolla. Supposedly it can categorise the music and create playlists automatically.

Ta. I'll just have to get used to turning DST on and off manually then. Pretty poor on a brand new car with DAB radio,

• Like 1

22 hours ago, rafletcher said:

I assumed that, by setting the clock to "Auto Adjust by GPS" I wouldn't need to do anything when the clocks changed, ie that the time would correct automatically via the GPS, that's how it worked on my Audi. It seems I was wrong.  Below is a photo of my clock display at 07:24 this morning...

48972965107_b539c9e9e2_c.jpgClock by Richard Fletcher, on Flickr

So, what am I doing wrong? Or is the car not a intellingent as I expected, and I have manually to turn DST on and off at clock change?

ETA: Whilst I'm here, what is the "Gracenote Database"??

Switch off the DST tab, you don't need it now.

Switch off the Auto Adjust by GPS tab, then you will get the manual option to change the time at the bottom of the screen. 

When I did mine, switching back on the Auto Adjust tab gave me the same results as the DST tab, so I just left it switched off.

Yeah, switching off the DST tab does the job, my point was why the clock didn't adjust automatically. This has been possible ever since DAB radios were factory fit, which has to be 10 years now.

• Like 1