Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Paint bubble underneath doors

Lee 999

Hi I have an issue with my partner's brand new Toyota Aygo Excite. The paint underneath the doors seems to be bubbling. We've only had the car two weeks. Any suggestions? 

74477403_2839724946072256_3320540938543038464_n.jpg

72433774_710814752752577_7103335811151560704_n.jpg

71522454_455115031785300_7835277721054740480_n.jpg

This is a protective finish underneath the paint to stop stones from chipping away the colour-coat on the sills.  It shows up more with your colour for some reason.  Now you've spotted it you'll notice it on other cars.

If it weren't there then you'd have cause to complain!

As above, its the the paint protection, good spot though, we have a Peugeot 107 and newer 108 (the Aygos twins!), and on our 108 the paint protection goes further up the sill like yours, on our 107 it hardly shows on the visible part of the sill. 

Brilliant thanks everyone. My other half took it to Toyota and they said the same. It's not the first time they've had people come into the dealers with the same query!

A Mazda 323 and a Mazda Premacy that we bought new in 2003 both had the anti-chip coatings that were visible on the sills. Very common on cars for a number of years.

I've noticed it on mine as it shows clearly on red but I've never been concerned. Thought it looked a bit like condensation lol

• 10 months later...

I noticed this today on my 20 reg silver Peugeot 108  

I was totally prepared to take it to the dealer until I read this thread. I’ll save myself the embarrassment! 😂

thankyou guys!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links