Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Latest Map update not working

frenchreg068

I downloaded the latest update yesterday (6.14.0L) and after unzipping to a USB key it just does not start.  I sat in the car for over 5 minutes without any success.   Am emailing Toyota to find out why this is not working.   Never had a problem in the past.

I ran this update 4 or 5 days ago and worked fine for me. It took me a few times to notice I had unzipped the contents into a folder on the USB key. Are all the files on the root of the USB key? 

I plugged the USB key in and nothing happened when I eventually got the files in the correct place. 

To initiate the update, I had to turn the car off and then restart the ignition to “reboot”  the Touch 2 system. Once it had booted up, the system recognise the update was there and waiting to be done. 

Are you using a Windows pc or an Apple ? I had the same problem when I did mine. I was using a MacBook and although it looked fine on the usb, the car ignored it. So I tried again with a Windows PC, worked fine after that. It’s a pain in the #### to do, you’d think Toyota could make it easier to update.

Yes I'm using a MacBook Pro, I have emailed Toyota and have had a acknowledgement and will get a reply within 24/48 hours. I probably could get access to a Windows PC but not for a few days.

This is what my USB looks like:-

>6.14.0L

activation code.xml

KaliSWDL.Log

>Nav

swdl.iso

swell.iso.md5

swdlinstall.iso 

swdinstall.iso.md5

I tried to upload a screen shot but it hasn't worked, under Nav are all the other files.

I to contacted Toyota and was given this phone number, they were helpful.

Toyota Multimedia 0344 701 6202

That’s what I did and could get it to work. It should be like this:

USB Disk >

activation code.xml

KaliSWDL.Log

>Nav

swdl.iso

swell.iso.md5

swdlinstall.iso 

swdinstall.iso.md5

just need to move the first two files and the Nav folder out of the 6.14.0L folder and once empty you can delete it 👍

Thanks William, I did what you advised and it worked.  Took about ¾ hour to complete, which is faster than last update which I seem to recall took over 1 ¼ hours. 

• Like 1