Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Granvia dash reset warning lights

fh1

On my Granvia 3.0d I recently changed my Battery, fuel filter and did an oil change. Since then the Battery, oil and fuel filter have remained on, but often go out under high revs. How do I rectify this.

• 3 weeks later...

Whoa coincidence, lights came on after annual service which swapped (fuel and oil filters and new oil). Exact same thing, at first the lights all went out at high revs but are now permanently on.

What a strange coincidence, where did you get the car serviced, am in Dorset. 

I serviced it myself, but I did the oil change really late so it was over a year since last oil change, and the first time for a fuel filter in about 8 years. My lights are now permanently on, and if I leave the van for about 3 days or more unused then the Battery is flat, so something seems to be draining it. If you find out the cause let me know, vies versa

Perhaps a trip to a decent auto-electrician might be worthwhile.?.

• 4 weeks later...

Good news and thanks for all your suggestions. After testing the alternator it was found to be faulty. I removed it from the engine, which was a nightmare.

Had to remove the air filter completely in order to have enough space to work

The old alternator was so tight, I had to prise it out with a lump of wood

The new alternator was quite heavy which made it extremely awkward to hold while trying to get the top bolt in, but perseverance won in the end

One thing I did learn was the old unit was so rusty and near enough seized, and the culprit was the rubber seal around the channel beneath the back of the bonnet was not stuck properly allowing water to drip down onto the alternator. It must have been like this for years, so it is worth checking if you have one of these vans, as it will save you loads of money and aggravation. 

Thanks for the update, Frank...glad you got it sorted.!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links