Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T25 Station Wood Panels Removal

Awakensoul

I have recently acquired a T25 Station that comes with some Faux Wood panel trims along the front dashboard and alongside the doors as well.

I know that some people do like this finishing but it's not my case and I want to vinyl wrap it in Carbon Fiber. I have successfully removed the panels from the dashboard as these are easily removed by simply pulling them of.

The ones on the doors, I have tried to pull them but I am afraid that something will break, they seem to be bolted from the inside of the door. Can anyone confirm this? I would hate to have to dissasemble 4 doors just to get to the wood panels.

You will have to remove the door card as they are usually heat staked or clipped in place or trim them in place making sure you mask up the surrounding area with low tact tape like 3M blue

Thank you very much for your reply. English is not my native language so I had to look up some of the terms you used. When you say that they are heat stacked it means that the plastic is fused down to another plastic part correct? So making them virtually impossible to remove on their own if I understood correctly.

This low tact tape that you recommend, it is something that I would put around the trim so that it heat protects the other elements when applying heat to the vinyl correct?

The tape just protects the area, it looks like they are just clipped it place

edit, the trim is listed with screws, remove the door card (plenty of videos on youtube) undo the screw(s) on the back of the door card and unclip the trim

That's exactly what I was afraid of, that I would have to remove 4 door cards! I have looked at the youtube videos but it really is a hassle to remove them just to get access to the trims. Oh well, what would be a simple job just turned into a day of work, but I'll manage, thank you for this 🙂

By the way, where did you look to know it was listed with screws?

I took off all the door covers when upgrading the Speakers in the doors, if i remember correctly there are only a couple of screws in each door around the door handles, and around the outsides there are only plastic clips holding it in place. A set of plastic prying tools is handy for this job. Took me 2-3 hours for all 4 doors (with speaker replacement)

Thanks for all the help, I have watched some detailed youtube videos and it seems an easy enough job, I am just ****** that Toyota didn't used clips instead of screws, but at the same time it's a good thing as screws are always better then clips.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links