Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris MK1 rear wiper arm

Spaceman6

Hi I'm new here and have a broken rear wiper. I ordered a new one online which doesnt fit. I gather the end that fits onto the drive spline comes in two types, one for Japanese built cars anf one for French ones. Does anyone know which is which please? I need the thicker one. Thanks in advance.

I thought they both fit, once you get the rear wiper nut off. I thought it was just the caps that are different. 

There is a difference between the French & Japanese built Yaris which is why it won't fit. If you search on eBay for one most will advise if it's for French or Japanese. 

If you don't know if your car is French or Japanese the VIN will start with VNK on French & JTD on Japanese.

Another way to check is if you use a spanner, the nut on a Japanese car is 10 mm and on a French car 13 mm. 

I replaced the rear arm on mine for less than a tenner & simply bought a new blade from my local Toyota dealer. 

If you have a Japanese built car then you will need a wiper arm removal tool which can be found on eBay for £5.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links