Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Media DAB 'clock' showing on display

Brian RT

Had my new Prius + Hybrid for a couple of weeks now and have encountered today the appearance of a clock with anti-clockwise arrow symbol on display. This is the first time this symbol has shown and I am simply confused as to what it means. When I touch the symbol on the screen it opens 'Offset' settings and no matter how I try, cannot remove this from display. I realise this is not a major issue but would really like to know what things do and mean. My only criticism of the car is the sad lack of accurate reference manuals for the 2019 car. Unhappy with just an online manual attempted to purchase a full set via parts. When they arrived, they were for the PHEV and not specific to my car.  I have since been advised that there is not a manual available yet for the latest 2019 model cars. All in all a bit of a pain but there it is. I have attached an image in the hope that someone knows the answer to my question. Thanks in advance of any help that may be offered. 

Prius Display.JPG

This is mentioned in my 2017 media manual in the Radio Operation section near the start of the manual, on page 33 under the title "Time Shift Operation".

It allows you to skip back (and subsequently forward) during any DAB broadcast. So if you miss something important, in the News, say because your kid's are arguing in the back, you can press that clock button, then press << a couple of times. I don't recall how to exit out of that screen, but the standard ways would be waiting a few seconds, pressing the Media button to go back to the Media screen (or whatever button to go back to whatever screen you want, e.g. Nav), or press a curved arrow "back" button that sometimes displays in the corner.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheProfessor said:

This is mentioned in my 2017 media manual in the Radio Operation section near the start of the manual, on page 33 under the title "Time Shift Operation".

It allows you to skip back (and subsequently forward) during any DAB broadcast. So if you miss something important, in the News, say because your kid's are arguing in the back, you can press that clock button, then press << a couple of times. I don't recall how to exit out of that screen, but the standard ways would be waiting a few seconds, pressing the Media button to go back to the Media screen (or whatever button to go back to whatever screen you want, e.g. Nav), or press a curved arrow "back" button that sometimes displays in the corner.

A big thank you to TheProfessor for a most helpful reply.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links