Do Not Sell My Personal Information

key fob battery change

JON DAVIES

Hope somebody may know , is there a way to replace the Battery in a key fob ? or does it need to be a dealer that changes it? I have a Auris hybrid with smart locking.

Any advice would help

Thanks

Moved to the Auris club.

Check owners manual, it has instruction how to replace it.

11.09 seconds to change a Battery?  You can buy the button batteries off eBay for two or three quid for a couple. The Battery in the video, CR 2016 is a common button Battery. Toyota dealer would change it at the service desk for a handful of pounds.

In case anyone is remotely interested, the Battery number refers to its dimensions.

2016 is 20mm diameter and 1.6mm thick.

2025 is 20mm diameter and 2.5mm thick etc

• Like 4

Keyless entry, Toyota hybrids use CR1632 batteries too. I had a warning message yesterday, but after a while disappeared and it’s fine since. Colder weather can trigger that issue, I have always a spare Battery in the glove box just in case goes bad. Super easy job. 

2 hours ago, alan333 said:

In case anyone is remotely interested, the battery number refers to its dimensions.

2016 is 20mm diameter and 1.6mm thick.

2025 is 20mm diameter and 2.5mm thick etc

Yes, Alan. I genuinely didn't know that.😎

Thanks for the replies folks, I am afraid that my key fob looks different to the one in the video, mine doesn't have gap to prise the 2 halves apart. I have been through the manual but I cant find that in there.

mine has a manual key that is slotted in the fob itself that can be released by pressing a small button on the side. The fob has icasa - Ta 2011 /418 - morocco -mr6302/2011[ I guess means Battery 6302 made in 2011]

Great yes it is the same. It seems easy enough thanks

• 2 years later...

Thanks so much for the tutorials. Dead easy when following what you did. Both main and spare key are sorted thanks to you!

• 2 months later...

I'm new to this forum but am in need of some help.

My car is a Toyota Auris Hybrid Excel 2014.  I have had to replace the Battery on the main keyless entry and push start fob once.  Actually, Timsons did it after the car warning system told me the Battery was low.  The key worked well after with no problems at all.  So, all seems straight forward.

I therefore tried the spare key as it had never been used.  Changing the Battery was simple enough.  I can gain access to the car by grasping the door handle, start the engine on the push button and lock the doors by touching the sensor aree.  However, the buttons on the fob do not work. The small red light flashes once but the door locks do not respond.  Does the key fob need re-programming?