Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacement Key

SJThomas

Hello, good morning.

I am hoping someone can help me. I have recently bought a 2008 Rav 4 2.2 diesel SR 180, which is just great! I have a problem in that I purchased the car with one key only so I would like a replacement cutting. Toyota have quoted £250 which seems a bit steep. I am not bothered about having a key without the remote locking, its simply a back up I need. Timpson's can cut me one for circa £50 without the remote locking, but programming the immobiliser etc. Has anyone else used Timpsons? and would I have a problem using the key without the remote function...Thanks very much, Steve

You can use it just fine without remote locking. Only downside is, if you have alarm installed, when you lock the doors using the physical key, alarm wont be turned on.

Thanks very much Dean ! its really just for a back up in case...so it sounds like it will do the job! 

All the best, Steve

Go to a proper locksmiths they will be able to clone the key for £50-60 - I have had issues with Timpsons in the past tbh they are just key cutters

The other alternative is to get a used key off eBay (£20-50), Get a new blank cut (£10-15) - and have it programmed by Toyota (An hours labour what's a joke) or someone with techstream

More importantly you need the old lost key removed from the car

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links