Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

K&N filters

jeff juke

Subject has probably been done to death but i would like to know what members

think of K&N air filters.is it worth the £60 quid for an air  filter that they say will last

about 15 years ?.Been looking on You Tube and a few are against them as they

say it will wreck your engine then again, others swear by them giving more miles per gallon

as well as a couple of  BHP. Whats your view on them ?.

I have had kn filters on allmost all my cars, both the open ones and the stock replacements. In my toyota i have the stock replacement. I wash it about twice a year. This one i have had for 4 years and cant see any wear or tear yet. I have this kn filter cleaner spray and the kn oil for using after cleaning. Idk what could damage the engine with a reusable filter, maybe if you use too much oil on the filter??

Anyways im happy with these filters and have had no problems with them.

There is no real gain to be had apart from intake noise unless you go the remap/tuning box route, don't forget to add in the cost of maintenance, with paper filters being so cheap its not worth the expense for the Ken and Natalie imo

I  have had K&N filters on petrol cars in the past and occasionally I have had MAF or AIT sensors issues

As you say, always get different views, my experiances are I had K&N induction kit which gave me proven performance gains (and nice noise!), which I was after, without issues although did fit extra cold air feeds! but also fitted couple K&N panel filters to smaller engines mainly because we tend keep our cars a long time, so more cost effective over time for us, had one in over 10 years now again no issues, wasn't expecting any performance gains or improved economy with the panel versions cos the engines are so tiny anyway.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links