Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat nav choice

Cbatoday

Had a job to liverpool hospital taking some bloods from blackpool so I had the choice of 3 types of sat nav

1. Maps on toyota infotainment 

2 waze on my pda meter

3. Tomtom 500 with live traffic

All seemed ok on motorway 

When I left the motorway and driving into liverpool no 1 seemed to get confused and put me in the wrong lane quite often and wasnt easiest to read. First to switch off

No 3 seem ok but the turning instructions wernt very clear,  was it the first turning or the next?. Live traffic was slow to update and gave long ques from the morning rush hour which had gone by the time I arrived. Next to be switched off.

No 2 this seemed the easiest to follow with clear instructions and correct traffic ques. Waze is owned by google so am guessing google maps would be on par

No 2 was choice of satnav

Hopefully if we ever get AS or Apple Play then we can use waze or google maps which are superior to toyota maps imho

• Like 1

Did you also have the dashboard centre display working with the Toyota sat-nav?  The main map details can be a bit iffy, but I found the turn-by-turn on the dash to be helpful.

I use Sygic, been using it for a few years now and realy like it, handy when driving abroad.

you should be able to use mirrorlink if your device supports it, Then the world is your lobster

27 minutes ago, flash22 said:

you should be able to use mirrorlink if your device supports it, Then the world is your lobster

You can if prepared to pay £33.49 for the mirrorlink add-on which is more than I paid for premium worldwide maps!  They have offers every so often so will wait and see if they reduce the price.

The touch2 supports it as standard, all you need is a compatible device there is no cost

4 hours ago, flash22 said:

The touch2 supports it as standard, all you need is a compatible device there is no cost

It is Sygic who want the 33 quid for the mirrorlink add-on, they did it as a free trial and it worked ok but now the trial period is over it will not work.

18 hours ago, flash22 said:

Except it doesnt seem to work when the car is in motion? 

4 hours ago, Chattacks said:

Except it doesnt seem to work when the car is in motion? 

Mirrorlink works while in motion it just needs a compatible app (like Sygic) but as stated Sygic currently want £33.40 to enable it.  Mind you how does the new phone use law apply to mirrorlink?  You could argue that if you touched to car screen you are technically controlling your phone! 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links